• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, puc86 said:

If he takes 3 years to turn things around he will be  fired, FSU is 5 years removed from a National Championship. The cost of playing poker has gone up and Willie Taggart is going to be drawing blank. He is one game in and half the fans are ready to fire him now, kind of like his start here.

These same fans thought losing Jimbo was no big deal. The knee jerk portions of fan bases don't make decisions for a reason. If you go around firing coaches before they can get their guys on the field you won't make elite hires no matter who you are. CWT would have to be an extended disaster to get ran out of Tally. He'll get at least 3 seasons. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

These same fans thought losing Jimbo was no big deal. The knee jerk portions of fan bases don't make decisions for a reason. If you go around firing coaches before they can get their guys on the field you won't make elite hires no matter who you are. CWT would have to be an extended disaster to get ran out of Tally. He'll get at least 3 seasons. 

You shouldn't even bother.  These folks are so full of hate and schadenfreude they're not capable of rational thought on this topic.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Think we can appreciate this.

IMG_20180904_213948.jpg

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You shouldn't even bother.  These folks are so full of hate and schadenfreude they're not capable of rational thought on this topic.

You let your feelings get in the way of rational thought. CWT is average because math and he will remain as such until he manages to win more than he loses. This does not appear to be anytime soon and may not be at FSU. Going into crappy situations, making them less crappy at some point and then leaving the first time it’s less crappy maybe impressive to some but it may not be enough to hold a job at FSU where they actually expect you to win year in and year out (just kidding it won’t be enough).

Just now, puc86 said:

You let your feelings get in the way of rational thought. CWT is average because math and he will remain as such until he manages to win more than he loses. 

I've never said he wasn't average, but you apparently can't get through a post without seeing something that isn't being said, making an assumption and responding based on said assumption.

I'll say it one more time.  I appreciate the job he did here and i wish him well.  I also feel sorry and sad for those who wish him to fail.  That's literally my entire stance on this matter.

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

I've never said he wasn't average, but you apparently can't get through a post without seeing something that isn't being said, making an assumption and responding based on said assumption.

I'll say it one more time.  I appreciate the job he did here and i wish him well.  I also feel sorry and sad for those who wish him to fail.  That's literally my entire stance on this matter.

No one has to wish him to fail it’s his destiny. Insert gif of the bus driving of the cliff. Some people celebrate mediocrity others are James Harrison and throw their kids participation trophies in the trash.

Just now, puc86 said:

No one has to wish him to fail it’s his destiny. Insert gif of the bus driving of the cliff. Some people celebrate mediocrity others are James Harrison and throw their kids participation trophies in the trash.

Pm me your address when you can, and I'll put you on the annual sympathy card list.  The cards mail out every September along with a box of tissues.

15 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Pm me your address when you can, and I'll put you on the annual sympathy card list.  The cards mail out every September along with a box of tissues.

That means so much to me.

Edited by puc86
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

some fan bases have just become quite overbearing in their expectations. The first time I really noticed this was when Nebraska fired Frank Solich. Talk about not giving a guy a chance to turn things around. It was ridiculous. Anyway-- I see these latest coaching hires as some mad scramble to get back to the top of the pile of teams contending for the NC. And the fans of FSU-- so recently tasting that glory-- are not interested in seeing things develop. They want it all right now and will not understand why they paid so much for this coach that is not delivering. They don't want to be realistic -- those are just excuses. They expect miracles. They forget how long it took Bowden to get there. I mean-- they are FSU-- the best-- so where is our championship already.

NO schools are really immune to it-- I guess because that is how winners think. Even our own fan base has been talking about "how do we win the NC" when we are still trying to just win our own conference. We have people wrapped up in the rankings and demanding other schools and media outlets respect USF. It is not based on anything concrete. You would think that brief rise to #2 ranking (mostly thanks a fluke where practically every school above us lost during a two week time frame & possibly the worst thing that ever happened to our fans in retrospect) and how we handled it so terribly would sink in at some point. Or how our own athletic department handled beating (one time) FSU by immediately proclaiming we were part of a made up "Big Four" - I still cannot believe we tried that nonsense.

ugh -- sports is so crazy some times. I get that people are really into this stuff-- and I enjoy it as much as most. But the overall devotion and almost blindly optimistic feeling that "we belong" with the big boys is an illusion. We do not have the alumni/fan base, or the money, or the history, and more importantly the respect of people who matter in this sport so much-- the media.

If you can come to grips with that-- at some point, you can just go back to enjoying football for the entertainment and fun that it was meant to be in the first place. Some day we might get a big win or some major accomplishment-- and we can all be very proud. Expecting it or if it happens, demanding it again--- that is foolish imo. Try your best-- support your team through whatever they are going through- and respect your opponents but most of all, try to enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MikeG said:

some fan bases have just become quite overbearing in their expectations. The first time I really noticed this was when Nebraska fired Frank Solich. Talk about not giving a guy a chance to turn things around. It was ridiculous. Anyway-- I see these latest coaching hires as some mad scramble to get back to the top of the pile of teams contending for the NC. And the fans of FSU-- so recently tasting that glory-- are not interested in seeing things develop. They want it all right now and will not understand why they paid so much for this coach that is not delivering. They don't want to be realistic -- those are just excuses. They expect miracles. They forget how long it took Bowden to get there. I mean-- they are FSU-- the best-- so where is our championship already.

NO schools are really immune to it-- I guess because that is how winners think. Even our own fan base has been talking about "how do we win the NC" when we are still trying to just win our own conference. We have people wrapped up in the rankings and demanding other schools and media outlets respect USF. It is not based on anything concrete. You would think that brief rise to #2 ranking (mostly thanks a fluke where practically every school above us lost during a two week time frame & possibly the worst thing that ever happened to our fans in retrospect) and how we handled it so terribly would sink in at some point. Or how our own athletic department handled beating (one time) FSU by immediately proclaiming we were part of a made up "Big Four" - I still cannot believe we tried that nonsense.

ugh -- sports is so crazy some times. I get that people are really into this stuff-- and I enjoy it as much as most. But the overall devotion and almost blindly optimistic feeling that "we belong" with the big boys is an illusion. We do not have the alumni/fan base, or the money, or the history, and more importantly the respect of people who matter in this sport so much-- the media.

If you can come to grips with that-- at some point, you can just go back to enjoying football for the entertainment and fun that it was meant to be in the first place. Some day we might get a big win or some major accomplishment-- and we can all be very proud. Expecting it or if it happens, demanding it again--- that is foolish imo. Try your best-- support your team through whatever they are going through- and respect your opponents but most of all, try to enjoy it.

Imagine having expectations in your investment, so silly.