• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN Preview vs. Elon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

38 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

IF we're afraid of losing, stop whining. Pretty simple. At no point did I mention what I would rather have.

Losing to a crappy team from the Sun Belt will have the same results.

Fairly simple one in my opinion.

Not “afraid” of losing, nor am I “whining”,  but looking at this from a ROI. If you win so what. If you lose oh crap. I get the play anyone anytime mentality and generally I support it. But I just don’t see the benefit other than one step to bowl eligibility. For example, more people remember our McNeese State loss than the Ball State. Both were terrible but the prior stings more...at least to me. Regardless, these games should still be replaced. If not against a Sun Belt team then hell lets travel to Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State. Could care less who as long as it is better than this meaningless opponent.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

I have a Keiser University ad in the middle of you post.

OK, random fact coming at the board. 

This is Keiser's first year of football, and they have Mike Hogan's son on their team as a long snapper. Mike was a long time Sports Information Department employee for USF Athletics, whose claim to fame was that he caught the home run that was Wade Bogg's 3000 career hit. 

For the old timers on here, I sometimes wonder if I sound too much like Cliff Claven. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

OK, random fact coming at the board. 

This is Keiser's first year of football, and they have Mike Hogan's son on their team as a long snapper. Mike was a long time Sports Information Department employee for USF Athletics, whose claim to fame was that he caught the home run that was Wade Bogg's 3000 career hit. 

For the old timers on here, I sometimes wonder if I sound too much like Cliff Claven. 

😂😂 that was classic Cliff. But seriously lucky guy to catch that ball. 

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

We got too many new starters who need to establish themselves for this game to be in question.  But I do agree with some of you to an extent... this has a McNeese State vibe to it

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

26 minutes ago, feardabull said:

We got too many new starters who need to establish themselves for this game to be in question.  But I do agree with some of you to an extent... this has a McNeese State vibe to it

AR-130909950.jpg

36 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

AR-130909950.jpg

“Who has it better than us?” 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not “afraid” of losing, nor am I “whining”,  but looking at this from a ROI. If you win so what. If you lose oh crap. I get the play anyone anytime mentality and generally I support it. But I just don’t see the benefit other than one step to bowl eligibility. For example, more people remember our McNeese State loss than the Ball State. Both were terrible but the prior stings more...at least to me. Regardless, these games should still be replaced. If not against a Sun Belt team then hell lets travel to Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State. Could care less who as long as it is better than this meaningless opponent.

Of the 130 FBS teams, 108 (83%) will play at least one game against an FCS opponent in 2018.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2018/06/2018-college-football-schedule-fbs-vs-fcs/

Must be something to it.

20 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Of the 130 FBS teams, 108 (83%) will play at least one game against an FCS opponent in 2018.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2018/06/2018-college-football-schedule-fbs-vs-fcs/

Must be something to it.

Boise State hasn’t played an FCS opponent since 2015 and prior to that it was 2013. They understand that playing an occasional FCS school is fine but don’t make a habit of it. As a G5 program more aggressiveness is needed. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Boise State hasn’t played an FCS opponent since 2015 and prior to that it was 2013. They understand that playing an occasional FCS school is fine but don’t make a habit of it. As a G5 program more aggressiveness is needed. 

Are you saying that the other 129 teams don't understand? I'm thinking Alabama, Clemson, FSU etc, etc must have their reasons.