• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott Kull leaves USF to Join Harlan at Utah

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Thanks for having a cup of coffee at USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

WTF?  And I liked Scott. His dad is in Ft. Myers and he had said he wanted to stay on.  Maybe Kelley gave some indication he wouldn't be staying.  Hate to see him go.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

56 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

dhI.gif

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

WTF?  And I liked Scott. His dad is in Ft. Myers and he had said he wanted to stay on.  Maybe Kelley gave some indication he wouldn't be staying.  Hate to see him go.

I don't think so, Michael Kelly's first day on the job is today. I didn't know Scott well, but I think this is his decision based on the opportunity. He was probably comfortable working with Mark Harlan, saw the job as a step up, and I'm guessing more money. I wish him well. 

It is the reality in college athletics, many people move around for the next opportunity. When you are middle management with a bank in Tampa you can move to 10 other banks in Tampa. When you work DI college athletics, and want to move up, if the job isn't there for you at USF, then you have to move, as UCF, UF and FGCU are the closest options. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I don't think so, Michael Kelly's first day on the job is today. I didn't know Scott well, but I think this is his decision based on the opportunity. He was probably comfortable working with Mark Harlan, saw the job as a step up, and I'm guessing more money. I wish him well. 

Probably this.  He has an opportunity to continue his career with a boss who he knows he already gels with Vs a new guy who could want to shake some stuff up.  Without knowing the financial side of things the job with Harlan definitely seems more stable....   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

It is the reality in college athletics, many people move around for the next opportunity. When you are middle management with a bank in Tampa you can move to 10 other banks in Tampa. When you work DI college athletics, and want to move up, if the job isn't there for you at USF, then you have to move, as UCF, UF and FGCU are the closest options. 

But Kelly has been active and in touch with everyone.  Called the MSoccerC while he was in Europe or somewhere.  And they've been in touch since.  With Scott being a triathlete he liked having the gulf to swim in.  In any case we wish him well.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

With Scott being a triathlete he liked having the gulf to swim in.  

He has plenty of salt water where's he's going.  Definitely no shortage of it there.  

• Haha 1