• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Shirt 2018

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, raptorcj said:

I wouldn't crap on it (fine for a student shirt), but I do think maybe the winning entry should go through the "bay made" media/graphics artists before it hits the street. Even if that would add another 3-5 bucks to the product, I think the masses would be more likely to buy & wear them to games.

The pocket thing is an odd convention...

It is not meant for the masses. It is sort of like FUBU clothing concept, For Students By Students. 

There are plenty of shirts meant for the masses available for sale to the masses. 

It is ok for people to not like the design, taste is subjective. I have no problem with that. 

Let me add a fact to the equation,  USF/Athletics gives up the royalty on these shirts. Shirts meant for resale are supposed to have a hologram from CLC where a royalty is paid to the school. USF/Athletics is kind enough to give up this revenue to help keep the cost of the shirt low to be affordable to students. So, I want to stress, while no one stops non-students from buying them, they are meant to be for students. 

Student Government exists to serve the student body, not fans or alumni. 

Athletics is giving up the royalty to provide a benefit to students, when fans buy shirts, the shirts should be licensed.

The bookstore doesn't make a profit on these shirts, they just get foot traffic.

Once again, if you are not a student, feel free to buy one. But, the purpose of the shirts is meant for something else.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

It is not meant for the masses. It is sort of like FUBU clothing concept, For Students By Students. 

There are plenty of shirts meant for the masses available for sale to the masses. 

It is ok for people to not like the design, taste is subjective. I have no problem with that. 

Let me add a fact to the equation,  USF/Athletics gives up the royalty on these shirts. Shirts meant for resale are supposed to have a hologram from CLC where a royalty is paid to the school. USF/Athletics is kind enough to give up this revenue to help keep the cost of the shirt low to be affordable to students. So, I want to stress, while no one stops non-students from buying them, they are meant to be for students. 

Student Government exists to serve the student body, not fans or alumni. 

Athletics is giving up the royalty to provide a benefit to students, when fans buy shirts, the shirts should be licensed.

The bookstore doesn't make a profit on these shirts, they just get foot traffic.

Once again, if you are not a student, feel free to buy one. But, the purpose of the shirts is meant for something else.  

Nope, I get it and I get your connection to it--I like the process and USF waiving royalties, cool.

It's not personal, it just reminds me of my elementary school shirts and I don't like the thought of USF being poked for it when our students deck out in them. It could be better, that is all.

2 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Nope, I get it and I get your connection to it--I like the process and USF waiving royalties, cool.

It's not personal, it just reminds me of my elementary school shirts and I don't like the thought of USF being poked for it when our students deck out in them. It could be better, that is all.

No hard feelings, like I said, like/dislike of the shirt is always subjective. 

I just didn't want the premise to be that the shirts had to be made more "professional" so that they would appeal to more people. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I don't like the thought of USF being poked for it when our students deck out in them. It could be better, that is all.

Honestly though, if our students like them enough to buy them and wear them to games, **** what anybody else thinks. I think sometimes we worry too much about what others think when it comes to anything USF Athletics ........ unless, of course, it pertains to pertinent rankings.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Honestly though, if our students like them enough to buy them and wear them to games, **** what anybody else thinks.

My goodness, you’re cranky.  🤶

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, raptorcj said:

That’s really the only thing that’s throwing me off. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

My goodness, you’re cranky.  🤶

You're just noticing ....?

7 hours ago, raptorcj said:

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That’s really the only thing that’s throwing me off. 

For BDYZR/Mike, just for my own clarification, the "pocket thing" is just pocket sized where a pocket would usually go and not the full front of the shirt?

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

For BDYZR/Mike, just for my own clarification, the "pocket thing" is just pocket sized where a pocket would usually go and not the full front of the shirt?

Yeah, it is a meant to be style, if you can imagine an old school pocket T shirt, it is just an outline of where the pocket would be. If you google "faux pocket shirt" and click on images, you can see lots of examples. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

17 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I just didn't want the premise to be that the shirts had to be made more "professional" so that they would appeal to more people. 

When I was in school, it was a five dollar shirt with your ID so I don't think anyone can expect much from it. i just can't get past the little half bull poking out of the fake pocket. 

2009 was my favorite. 

d3310ccf84176a8de62ac1e855b4c6bc--south-