• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hagerty (Oviedo) OL Matt Lee commits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  356
  • Content Count:  4,102
  • Days Won:  56

Good-looking kid with offers from multiple Ivys and service academies:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-usf-offers-matt-lee-hagerty-20180529-story.html

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

I like having an offensive lineman that is athletic enough to dunk a basketball with ease. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-ucf-offer-matt-lee-20180617-story.html  

The Oviedo Hagerty offensive lineman committed to USF last week and the Bulls were the first Football Bowl Subdivision team to offer a scholarship to the 6-foot-3, 285-pounder, who will play interior line at the next level but plays tackle for Hagerty.

After camping at UCF on Saturday, the Knights coaching staff loved what they saw from the hard-working big man and a phone call from head coach Josh Heupel on Sunday night confirmed the Knights intentions. They want him on board and would love to flip his commitment to the hometown team.

“He said, ‘What do I have to say to make you want to come here,’ something like that,” Lee said. “I told him it’s definitely a big offer and it definitely has hometown pull, but I’m staying committed to USF.”

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-ucf-offer-matt-lee-20180617-story.html  

The Oviedo Hagerty offensive lineman committed to USF last week and the Bulls were the first Football Bowl Subdivision team to offer a scholarship to the 6-foot-3, 285-pounder, who will play interior line at the next level but plays tackle for Hagerty.

After camping at UCF on Saturday, the Knights coaching staff loved what they saw from the hard-working big man and a phone call from head coach Josh Heupel on Sunday night confirmed the Knights intentions. They want him on board and would love to flip his commitment to the hometown team.

“He said, ‘What do I have to say to make you want to come here,’ something like that,” Lee said. “I told him it’s definitely a big offer and it definitely has hometown pull, but I’m staying committed to USF.”

Luckily Josh doesn’t have a natty ring he can wave at him. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Remains with USF, for now. Game on now, for sure.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/6/25/17504608/oviedo-hagerty-tackle-matt-lee-decommits-from-usf-football-ucf-charlie-strong-aac-josh-heupel

Oviedo Hagerty Tackle Matt Lee Decommits From USF Football

After verbally committing, the Knights quickly countered with their own offer on June 17.

As he noted to Chris Hays of the Orlando Sentinel last month, he lives roughly “10 to 15 minutes” from Spectrum Stadium on top of having family members who attended the university.

This brings the current number of #GreenBreed19 verbals back down to six.

Well that didnt take long, Good riddance  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Kid's a UCF legacy so this doesn't surprise me at all...   

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

I wish him well....next!

• Upvote 2