• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Projecting USF’s 2018 post-spring depth chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Looks like they project BK under center and EM in the back field. 

Off- Synopsis: In the dead-heat quarterback battle, we're giving the nod to Kean for now. Candidly, we believe Oladokun possesses more physical upside, but we keep going back to how Kean clearly out-performed another presumably superior athlete (Asiantii Woulard) two preseasons ago. Mack had a breakthrough spring, so we're giving him the edge at running back, though we can envision a Mack/Cronkrite tandem similar to D'Ernest Johnson/Darius Tice. The fact neither Trevon Sands nor Jernard Phillips are on this chart illustrates just how deep this team is at running back and receiver, respectively. With Mayes rehabbing a knee all spring, Atterbury logged some reps at left tackle. While we wouldn't be shocked if he stuck there, he's probably most needed at guard at this point.

Def-Synopsis: Reaves was rehabbing this spring, but the coaches know what he can do. The Bulls have four incoming freshman tackles, any of whom conceivably could crack this chart in 2018 (not that we see it happening). The competition at second-team corner, a position where the Bulls have stockpiled talent, should remain pretty intense through August. Don't be shocked if early enrollee Antonio Grier (who got dinged up in the spring) shakes things up at linebacker. Of course, the long-awaited breakthrough of Jimmy Bayes could materialize too.

ST- Synopsis: Schneider, a juco guy originally from Sydney, Australia, was brought in to replace veteran Jonathan Hernandez. We have no clue what the Bulls are gonna do at kicker. Schneider and a couple of walk-ons took reps in the spring, but none were convincing, at least during the sessions open to reporters.

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

51 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Looks like they project BK under center and EM in the back field. 

Off- Synopsis: In the dead-heat quarterback battle, we're giving the nod to Kean for now. Candidly, we believe Oladokun possesses more physical upside, but we keep going back to how Kean clearly out-performed another presumably superior athlete (Asiantii Woulard) two preseasons ago. Mack had a breakthrough spring, so we're giving him the edge at running back, though we can envision a Mack/Cronkrite tandem similar to D'Ernest Johnson/Darius Tice. The fact neither Trevon Sands nor Jernard Phillips are on this chart illustrates just how deep this team is at running back and receiver, respectively. With Mayes rehabbing a knee all spring, Atterbury logged some reps at left tackle. While we wouldn't be shocked if he stuck there, he's probably most needed at guard at this point.

Def-Synopsis: Reaves was rehabbing this spring, but the coaches know what he can do. The Bulls have four incoming freshman tackles, any of whom conceivably could crack this chart in 2018 (not that we see it happening). The competition at second-team corner, a position where the Bulls have stockpiled talent, should remain pretty intense through August. Don't be shocked if early enrollee Antonio Grier (who got dinged up in the spring) shakes things up at linebacker. Of course, the long-awaited breakthrough of Jimmy Bayes could materialize too.

ST- Synopsis: Schneider, a juco guy originally from Sydney, Australia, was brought in to replace veteran Jonathan Hernandez. We have no clue what the Bulls are gonna do at kicker. Schneider and a couple of walk-ons took reps in the spring, but none were convincing, at least during the sessions open to reporters.

this was awesome

thanks for intell

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

I was surprised to see the Duke transfers left off the list

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

QB Dylan, Dylan
RB Dylan, Dylan
Slot Dylan, Dylan
WR Dylan, Dylan
WR Dylan, Dylan
TE Dylan, Dylan
LT Dylan, Dylan
LG Dylan, Dylan
C Dylan, Dylan
RG Dylan, Dylan
RT Dylan, Dylan

DE Dylan, Dylan
DT Dylan, Dylan
DT Dylan, Dylan
DE Dylan, Dylan
MLB Dylan, Dylan
OLB Dylan, Dylan
Nickel Dylan, Dylan
CB Dylan, Dylan
CB Dylan, Dylan
SS Dylan, Dylan
FS Dylan, Dylan

PK Dylan
P , Dylan

• Haha 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,745
  • Content Count:  37,615
  • Days Won:  29

I like Barr in the secondary. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,534
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, E.T. said:

I like Barr in the secondary. 

I hope he stays in the secondary

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,745
  • Content Count:  37,615
  • Days Won:  29

Can't wait to see how the O-Line develops.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, E.T. said:

Can't wait to see how the O-Line develops.

I can’t wait to see how the DL developes. Especially after this recruiting class. Although some of them will need a few years 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

I posted on my profile earlier, it just seems this off season is moving faster....I think it has to do with the new hoops coach, the new baseball coach, the WBB and Softball teams as well as stadium chatter and IPF funding.  

When I looked at the countdown and saw

image.png

118 days doesn't seem as bad as usual.  Spring game in the books, We're bearing down on Fall practice and then, BANG, the Fighting Christians of Elon!

We have a lot to see before September.  We have some young talent, it will be interesting to see if we can find the next MM or QF or RA/MVS.  We have the strength, it seems, in RB and WR that the QBs can play to their strengths regardless of who is starting.  The defense is expected to further improve I would imagine BJ-M doesn't play around.  :)

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Kean will not be the starter day one.