• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF football tier 2 in the AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, BDYZR said:

HOLY CRAP!

I agree... and it sucks.

Exactly, CJL would choke out or head butt anyone standing in our way, even Frosty The Corn Man.  Judy screwed up when she decided to be politically correct and kicked him to the curb.  Was Ulysses S. Grant politically correct?  No, but President Lincoln stood by him saying "I can't spare this Man, he fights."  We need a warrior to achieve our objectives.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

29 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Our wins are all against some terrible teams, and who are you to say that UCF wasn't the National Champion last year?

We played in the same conference all three years. So whats your point? They went 0-12 in the AAC for crying out loud. I'm not the one saying they aren't, the organization they play for is saying it. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/college-football-national-championship-history

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Obviously I'm biased but being in the AAC for 5 years together has resulted in 3 conference titles and 2 NY6 bowl wins for UCF and 0 of each for USF, who has a head start access to BCS bowls.

Also, only using the last 3 years is a little shady since it happens to coincide with when Coach T revived you guys and we imploded. If you look at all 5 AAC years it's USF 35-27 and UCF 42-24. Which honestly, that's not that big of a difference. But the conference titles and major bowl wins are.

UCF is 4-5 in bowls, so the question is, does beating Auburn completely eradicate losing 31-13 to Arkansas state the year before? I don't think it does.  You can't use the argument that UCF wasn't pumped up for the game because they were 0-12 the year before and were probably pretty happy to be in a bowl game.

In the end I just don't think there is sufficient evidence to suggest that UCF has "passed" us by.  Equal ground ok, but us in the rear view mirror? crazy talk. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

UCF is 4-5 in bowls, so the question is, does beating Auburn completely eradicate losing 31-13 to Arkansas state the year before? I don't think it does.  You can't use the argument that UCF wasn't pumped up for the game because they were 0-12 the year before and were probably pretty happy to be in a bowl game.

In the end I just don't think there is sufficient evidence to suggest that UCF has "passed" us by.  Equal ground ok, but us in the rear view mirror? crazy talk. 

Also like to add, USF has the honor of losing the ONE conference game they couldn't in 2016. There was no doubt we were the best team in the conference that year. Otherwise we'd have that conference championship. UCF lost their star coach, they are in a world of hurt next year. Let their fans get over confident like ours were last year, thinking we'd have an easy transition with CCS.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Exactly, CJL would choke out or head butt anyone standing in our way, even Frosty The Corn Man.  Judy screwed up when she decided to be politically correct and kicked him to the curb.  Was Ulysses S. Grant politically correct?  No, but President Lincoln stood by him saying "I can't spare this Man, he fights."  We need a warrior to achieve our objectives.

Yeah that CJL was something else. The way he lead the team to those end of season wins against Uconn and beating those fully loaded Louisville teams in mid season. I am surprised we did not win many more BE titles than we did...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

I'm fine with USF being ranked as the 3rd best in our division.....for now. UCF has probably the best QB in the conference and Temple finished really strong. I'm telling you though, while UCF lost a lot of talent in the draft, that won't be what really hurts them. Losing that coaching staff, especially Frost, is going to impact them more than people think this year. Would not shock me if they finish with 8 wins.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

The difference between us and them is two conference championships and two NYD bowl wins. This, in my opinion, is significant. We need to get our crap together and get a conference championship. It is rediculious that this has not happened yet. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744

59 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

We played in the same conference all three years. So whats your point? They went 0-12 in the AAC for crying out loud. I'm not the one saying they aren't, the organization they play for is saying it. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/college-football-national-championship-history

USF lost every game that mattered.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The difference between us and them is two conference championships and two NYD bowl wins. This, in my opinion, is significant. We need to get our crap together and get a conference championship. It is rediculious that this has not happened yet. 

Very good points. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

New coaching staff hurts, it changes things.

The whole "let Q be Q" debate is a hard one. I agree to an extent, but, our offense was still potent last year, but, the DEFENSE made HUGE strides. I really wanted to see Q just do his thing all game every game, but, I get it. The role of ball control offense cannot be overlooked. In 2016, our defense was gassed most of the time because the offense scored so fast. Yes, it was exciting, but, Temple gave the world the blue print for beating us. Keep Q off the field and you win, simple as that. By ticking up in time of possession, the defense was able to stay a little more fresh and actually get a few stops when needed.

I anticipate a big drop off on offense this year, but, I expect the defense to continue to improve.