• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SunTrust Gator Invitational

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,507
  • Days Won:  10

USF tied for 3rd with UCF going into the final round of the SunTrust Gator Invitational in Gainesville.  Vanderbilt leads at -8, UF a stroke back and USF/UCF at -2.

Stats hither:

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=14992

• Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,507
  • Days Won:  10

Claudio Correa tied for second in individual scoring with USF coming in third, overall, behind Vandy and UF.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

A golf thread and no @Mama_Bull, I hope everything is ok.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Well, we made it back yesterday afternoon from Gainesville.  Every time it seemed we were getting in a groove things went south. Christian had a real good round going in the 2nd round and doubled a par 3.  At one point we were standing at the 14th green/15th tee box and saw Pri and Kyle miss short birdie putts.  Yesterday at the 18th the first 3 guys bogeyed and took some really good putting by Christian and and a nice chip by Claudio to par.  Coach seemed happy overall to come in 3rd.  Vandy just shot lights out. I didn't watch any of the Florida players and just followed their scores. Get them off of their own course and I think we have a shot at them.  The two teams that finished ahead of us are ranked higher than us.  We've beaten Arkansas twice now so if they are still ranked higher after this tournament it is just P5 bias.

The weather was gorgeous both days. There was no fog up there to delay the start times. Play was crazy slow. They play in 3somes and it took 10.5 hours to play both rounds on Saturday. No break between rounds. The course looked to be in nice shape and greens were lightning quick.  Chris Dimarco coached the 2nd round on Saturday similar to what happened up in Jacksonville a couple of weeks ago. Claudio was at 8 under and leading by himself but threw in a couple of bogeys on the back yesterday. But he is a really good player. The kid Lee that was supposed to come to USF but went to Florida shot a +5 I believe.  We had one kid, Erik Souchak, a Fr. play as an individual in his first collegiate tournament. Admitted that he was bit nervous and ended up at +18.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

11 hours ago, Brad said:

This is weird 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,578
  • Days Won:  423

12 hours ago, Brad said:

Last visited 15 hours ago ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Forgot to mention one particular shot by Christian.  Believe it was the 9th, a par 4.  Hit his 2nd shot over the green by maybe 2 - 3 yards. The ball was in the rough and green sloped downhill toward the front of the green and to his right from where he was. Pin was about 10' from the back of the green. If he chips it there is no way to stop the ball anywhere close to the cup.  He lines up and putts it way left.  The ball hangs up in the rough but then makes another rotation, and after another second, another. Finally picks up some momentum, rolls onto the green and left himself about a 4 footer which he made for par.  One of those rare things we were lucky enough to witness.  Also on the 14th we saw 2 opposing players chip in from off the green in back to back swings.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

14 hours ago, Brad said:

Thanks. We are both currently dealing with medical issues and I am not posting as much.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Thanks. We are both currently dealing with medical issues and I am not posting as much.

I hope you are both well soon.  We miss you around here.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, Brad said:
4 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

I hope you are both well soon.  We miss you around here.

I'm on that list of well-wishers and you-missers.

Take care, you guys. Get well soon!!