• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFP trophy vs BCS trophy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So let me see...my choices are 1. not watch USF football or care. 2. wait seven years and hope we are in a P5 (which will still be long odds). 3. Support the team and the conference they are currently in. Call me crazy but I’ll take option 3. And if we do win the conference, I WILL KNOW and that’s good enough for me.

What if you could cheer for USF and not care at all about the current conference we have the misfortune of being stuck in?

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

This times a million. For the life of me I can't understand those that are constantly looking to others for validation .... that care so much about what other people think when it comes to their team. The big problem is that I think that's endemic of a ton of USF "fans" and another example of why the Big East invite and the early part of 2007 were the worst things to ever happen to the football program. There are too few fans who appreciate USF football for just being USF football ...

Wouldn’t the burning desire to have an aac championship be some sort of need for validation? Not sure what that would be validating but it’s a desire for validation none the less.

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Now you understand why I applaud UCF for proclaiming a national championship. P5 has ruined fans of schools like USF, UConn, and Cincy. Anything that takes away attention of the P5 is fine with me even it is UCF proclaiming national championship.

This is bad for us, no USF fan should understand or support anyone in our station having any measurable success.

9 hours ago, Brad said:

I honestly can’t tell you who won it last year.  But then, I’m also sometimes unable to name all the teams when people ask.

I’m not 100% sure but I think HCC is there somewhere along with Ringling Brothers clown college.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

What if you could cheer for USF and not care at all about the current conference we have the misfortune of being stuck in?

I would find that impossible. I am a results driven person. If I watch I want wins. If I want wins I want a conference championship that comes with that. I don’t see how anyone could decouple these isuues. It’s like you are watching 12 preseason games...sounds kind of boring with no type of conference championship on the line. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I think most schools/fans have a list of annual accomplishments to strive for: X wins, win over rival, division championship, conference championship, bowl win, playoffs, national championship.  Matter of importance may vary.   I don't think that striving for any of those things would lessen the desire to move to a P5 conference or change the system to allow a more realistic opportunity (expanded playoff) for all schools to compete for a championship.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would find that impossible. I am a results driven person. If I watch I want wins. If I want wins I want a conference championship that comes with that. I don’t see how anyone could decouple these isuues. It’s like you are watching 12 preseason games...sounds kind of boring with no type of conference championship on the line. 

I would say I’m results driven as well which is why I recognize the only positive result with regards to this conference is getting out. There is a reason why every single conference member was jockeying to get into the big12 and it’s not because they think the aac is awesome. There will never be a p6, so increasing the aac standing is an exercise in futility. Also no one will ever care about the land of misfit toys conference so winning it I guess is better than not but only marginally. Getting out of this conference is the only way to win and every AD and president is painfully aware of this fact. Sure I want us to win every game but if I had to make a choice between a P5 win and a conference game that will lead to a conference championship I would pick the p5 game every time, even if that meant I didn’t get a trophy that says best of the also rans.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would say I’m results driven as well which is why I recognize the only positive result with regards to this conference is getting out. There is a reason why every single conference member was jockeying to get into the big12 and it’s not because they think the aac is awesome. There will never be a p6, so increasing the aac standing is an exercise in futility. Also no one will ever care about the land of misfit toys conference so winning it I guess is better than not but only marginally. Getting out of this conference is the only way to win and every AD and president is painfully aware of this fact. Sure I want us to win every game but if I had to make a choice between a P5 win and a conference game that will lead to a conference championship I would pick the p5 game every time, even if that meant I didn’t get a trophy that says best of the also rans.

Would you attend the conference championship game if we got in? If yes then this flys against your position. If no, then the position you take (getting into a P5) is hurt by a decrease in attendance.  

For me, life is too short to make the individual protest that you are making...and one that has zero bearing on us getting into the P5. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Would you attend the conference championship game if we got in? If yes then this flys against your position. If no, then the position you take (getting into a P5) is hurt by a decrease in attendance.  

Yes because I want us to win every game even ones that lead to trophies I would throw into the garbage or not even touch if given the choice. I’m a fan of USF because it’s my alma mater and I find our current conference to be an inconvenient part of my fandom and not the reason for it or something to be celebrated.