• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas vs. Mizzou

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Mizzou: Overrated offense that got to 7 wins by beating up on 3 completely garbage teams, beating three SEC teams that were having  down years and had either fired their coach or were trying to find a way to fire their coach, and Vanderbilt. Blatant example of SEC bias with all the hype that they got. 

I predict UCF being very disappointed in their new head coach in the future. Flukey 6 game win streak - I don't think he's for real. 

I tried to talk about this objectively with a person in real life and was told I Was jealous of the Peach Bowl. 

The offense put up yuge numbers versus Idaho and a bunch of SEC East schools that fired their coaches. Pretty sure they only scored 3 at home versus Purdue. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

28 minutes ago, Capital H said:

I tried to talk about this objectively with a person in real life and was told I Was jealous of the Peach Bowl. 

The offense put up yuge numbers versus Idaho and a bunch of SEC East schools that fired their coaches. Pretty sure they only scored 3 at home versus Purdue. 

Missouri players aren't UCFast though ...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Capital H said:

If the response was from a UCF fan then I wouldn't be surprised. Most of them are on cloud nine right now and rightly so after this past year. Their level of delusion about the prestige of their program is sky high  and you can tell by the (false sense of) confidence they've shown the past few weeks towards the matchup with Auburn and the seamless transition they think that they will make with Heupal. 

First off, they are not beating Auburn. Not with that defense of theirs and not with the talent gap between AU and UCF. Not to mention, Auburn beat 2 playoff teams and held Clemson to 14. 

Second, as many of us have painfully learned over the past season, coaching transitions are harder than they appear even when you have a whole team that returns. Add to this the fact that Heupal is certainly not Frost. They slip next year. 

UCF is college football's Cinderella. Clock's gonna strike 12 pretty soon. Bet that. 

Cant wait to see the fall back to reality for them. Looks like it's gonna hurt. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

42 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

That turd only came around when things were going bad for USF.  The better we got the more scarce he became until he just outright disappeared.  

I think he was banned for some despicable comments, even after warnings and time in the Penalty box.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, SoFlo All Day said:

First off, they are not beating Auburn. Not with that defense of theirs and not with the talent gap between AU and UCF. Not to mention, Auburn beat 2 playoff teams and held Clemson to 14. 

Regular season game, probably, but this bowl game .... noidea what kind of mindset War Eagle comes out with. Don't think Auburn can just go through the motions and win this game ....... especially considering they haven't seen UCF type speed in the SEC. :roflmao:

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Regular season game, probably, but this bowl game .... noidea what kind of mindset War Eagle comes out with. Don't think Auburn can just go through the motions and win this game ....... especially considering they haven't seen UCF type speed in the SEC. :roflmao:

LMFAO - Killins "speed" comment highlights my point extacly about the delusion.

Also, I've heard that Malzahn may not be completely off the hot seat with Auburn not making the playoff. This game will certainly matter to his status going into next year if this is indeed the case. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Also, I've heard that Malzahn may not be completely off the hot seat with Auburn not making the playoff. This game will certainly matter to his status going into next year if this is indeed the case. 

Malzahn just signed a contract extension recently, so your sources about him and the hot seat probably aren't too accurate.  

15 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Malzahn just signed a contract extension recently, so your sources about him and the hot seat probably aren't too accurate.  

Don't matter. If Auburn loses that game Guz's seat will be toasty regardless. You don't go from playoff pick a week before the regular season ending to losing the bowl game to a G5 school (at a place like Auburn) and not catch heat for it. 

Edited by SoFlo All Day

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Don't matter. If Auburn loses that game Guz's seat will be toasty regardless. You don't go from playoff pick a week before the regular season ending to losing the bowl game to a G5 school (at a place like Auburn) and not catch heat for it. 

Actually you do.  It's happened many times before.  And I disagree, these P5 teams, especially those in the SEC, have a way of explaining away a loss to a G5 in a bowl game so that it doesn't have any bearing on the team the following year, with the media's help.

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Actually you do.  It's happened many times before.  And I disagree, these P5 teams, especially those in the SEC, have a way of explaining away a loss to a G5 in a bowl game so that it doesn't have any bearing on the team the following year, with the media's help.

I agree with that - typical P5 excuse for a bowl loss to a G5, sure. I'm not saying he will be at risk of getting fired next season if he loses the Peach Bowl, but Auburn losing two games in a row to end the season probably won't leave many boosters with that warm fuzzy feeling you get after signing a coach to a 7 year extension...the optics wont look good and I think he's aware of that.