• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Dominoes Are Starting To Fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

Maybe there will be an uproar since Alabama may not in the CFP, nor have they received an NFL franchise invite.

As I posted in the G5 thread just now:

I think the P5 members are going to be pissed when they hear the new 5 team playoff scheme the CFP is cooking up:

1)Ok vs Ga

2)Clem vs OSU

3) game 1 winner vs game 2 winner

4) game 3 winner vs Bama 

see bama never gets left out

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

8 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I saw a couple pages on this thread, someone tweeted the name of an interim coach for UCF, so if that's true, Frost is gone NOW.  His current employer is Nebraska. 

These P5 schools need their new coaches on the recruiting trail right away.  No time for them to fiddle around coaching a bowl game for a JV school.  

I saw their OC was named interim HC. However, I also read in the same article that Frost was going to coach their bowl game and that is what UCF fans are still saying.

At first that seems like a nice gesture, but I don't know how he can do both jobs at the same time.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Mama_Bull said:

I saw their OC was named interim HC. However, I also read in the same article that Frost was going to coach their bowl game and that is what UCF fans are still saying.

At first that seems like a nice gesture, but I don't how he can do both jobs at the same time.

Kirby Smart did that a couple years ago, remained at Alabama as their DC through the national title game but was also working as Georgia's HC for several weeks at the same time.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Kirby Smart did that a couple years ago, remained at Alabama as their DC through the national title game but was also working as Georgia's HC for several weeks at the same time.  

But, this time there is an early signing period from December 20-22 for both UCF and Nebraska.

So how do the schools handle that with Frost and his staff?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

7 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

But, this time there is an early signing period from December 20-22 for both UCF and Nebraska.

So how do the schools handle that with Frost and his staff?

I read on the ESPN article that the interim at UCF will handle bowl game prep.  Frost will probably be handling recruiting duties for Nebraska at that point.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I read on the ESPN article that the interim at UCF will handle bowl game prep.  Frost will probably be handling recruiting duties for Nebraska at that point.  

I saw that too. So Frost is gone all month and shows up on the UCF sideline to help coach the bowl game randomly. Wonder if he wears Nebraska gear for the game. By then I think the players would have moved on. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Can't wait to see, hope their AD started searching weeks ago.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

I for one hope that UCiF goes after Sumlin. A retread with no Florida ties, or any real ties east of the Mississippi for that matter, sounds like a fantastic fit. IMO the no Florida ties thing worked for Frost because he was a young, energetic up and comer. Not sure I would have wanted to go the retread route last year for any coach but Strong due to his area recruiting ties but to each their own. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Brad said:

I just meant to say that if Frost stays involved through the bowl game, he's a better man than Willie.

These guys are pulling in millions and the least they can do, is do right by the players.

in fairness to Willie if UCF had 2 losses this season I don't think Frost would try to coach the bowl game, I think he has a guilt of not leaving UCF in a bad position as an undefeated team. Going undefeated is rare and I'm sure UCF's AD brought that up to him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Lol, ucf fans hate O’liar. 

Which is ridiculous .... unless its' coming from the killing of a player aspect, which I doubt.