• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Dominoes Are Starting To Fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why?  Fisher won't commit to the program right now, and FSU isn't going to give him a raise for the 3rd year in a row.

I believe this will all be over by Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Bad move may have been the wrong term.  I think it's not going to turn out well for either.  Just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

I'm not sure Tennessee is in a great position to be choosy at this point.  If they could pull Mike Leach, that would probably end up saving John Currie's butt.  

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

End all CCS rumors.

He will be at USF next year.

JMHO

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Bad move may have been the wrong term.  I think it's not going to turn out well for either.  Just my opinion.

Yeah, you'd hate to lose a coach like Fisher, but if you get a stud recruiter like Tags in there, you'll be fine.  I wonder if Tags would be interested - it's not really a rebuild like he's used to doing.  He'd get Francois back next year and there's still talent on that team.  If I was Tags, I'd jump at FSU in a heartbeat.

Fisher at TAMU is definitely a dice roll for him.  He is officially a "name coach," and could probably recruit Texas well.  However, coaching in that SEC West has its BIG inherent risks.  Nick Saban has seen many coaches come and go in that division.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm not sure Tennessee is in a great position to be choosy at this point.  If they could pull Mike Leach, that would probably end up saving John Currie's butt.  

Definitely not a knock against him. I just find it amusing that an SEC giant has to scramble this much to find someone to their “amazing” job. Their process is a **** show.

Also, about suing their old employer ... that hasn't stopped Steve Sarkisian from getting multiple jobs.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Yeah, you'd hate to lose a coach like Fisher, but if you get a stud recruiter like Tags in there, you'll be fine.  I wonder if Tags would be interested - it's not really a rebuild like he's used to doing.  He'd get Francois back next year and there's still talent on that team.  If I was Tags, I'd jump at FSU in a heartbeat.

Fisher at TAMU is definitely a dice roll for him.  He is officially a "name coach," and could probably recruit Texas well.  However, coaching in that SEC West has its BIG inherent risks.  Nick Saban has seen many coaches come and go in that division.  

Fisher to TAMU is a serious head scratcher. Why make life even harder on yourself?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

IIRC FSU has some facility issues and it's getting harder and harder to recruit in Florida.  With USF, UCF, and even FAU on the rise, it makes it harder for FSU to create depth.  We lose most head to head battles with them already, but it's the 3-star guys that we've had some success getting even with UF and FSU offers

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

IIRC FSU has some facility issues and it's getting harder and harder to recruit in Florida.  With USF, UCF, and even FAU on the rise, it makes it harder for FSU to create depth.  We lose most head to head battles with them already, but it's the 3-star guys that we've had some success getting even with UF and FSU offers

Definitely see your point.  However, I still think Taggart just has a rapport with today's college athlete that few coaches have.  Tags back in FL at one of the top two schools in the state, he'll have a "bigger stick" to swing than he ever had before.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Tags recruiting with FSU's name and resources is a scary, scary, thought.....