• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another year without a conference title

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

This season is a omplete failure

Completely agree. To not at least appear in the title game would've been a failure with this team. Another wasted year and now back to rebuild mode, meanwhile our rivals rack up another title just two years removed from 0-12. USF must be cursed or something. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

29 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

One Charlie Strong finds this season a success.  

So what exactly is our goal next year? 6-6 and be happy we get to a bowl game to go 7-6. 

Its this kind of stuff where Charlie and Sterlin lost me about 3 games ago. 

Taggart and Leavitt would come out and say when they would lose that players need to play better and the coaches need to do a better job. All I hear from this group is players need to execute better or they need time to learn they system. 

Then back to the Holtz crap about well we were happy with 9-2.  Which means "happy the kids competed"  well Strong did work for Lou for5 or 6 years.

No idea if this is the crap he was spouting at Texas, but I am thinking (and what I want to hear) is their boosters wanted to hear is we are proud of our kids, but as a program we we fell short of our goals.  this is not acceptable. and as coaches, it was a nice record, but we need to do all we can to get this program to where we need to be "

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just got home from the game and found out one of our friends granddaughters passed away unexpectedly. Not winning today sucks, but there are so many more important things in life.

10 years ago I would have been pissed off and depressed, but it’s just a game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

Just got home from the game and found out one of our friends granddaughters passed away unexpectedly. Not winning today sucks, but there are so many more important things in life.

10 years ago I would have been pissed off and depressed, but it’s just a game. 

I’m sorry to hear that.  You are very right. Life and loved ones are far more important that football. 

Condolences to you and your friend’s family.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

I’m sorry to hear that.  You are very right. Life and loved ones are far more important that football. 

Condolences to you and your friend’s family.  

Sometimes I think we all need to realize it’s just entertainment. I know I’ve taken sports WAY too seriously in the past. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

Sometimes I think we all need to realize it’s just entertainment. I know I’ve taken sports WAY too seriously in the past. 

Me too.  My perspective (and yours) is relatively new to me.  But I know we can agree it’s the right one.

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Me too.  My perspective (and yours) is relatively new to me.  But I know we can agree it’s the right one.

Without a doubt. I’m actually sort of embarrassed about how sports ran my life. I would be miserable to be around for days if we lost. Losing definitely sucks, but it doesn’t ruin my weekends anymore. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Without a doubt. I’m actually sort of embarrassed about how sports ran my life. I would be miserable to be around for days if we lost. Losing definitely sucks, but it doesn’t ruin my weekends anymore. 

It’s called maturity and we see that clearly as we get older. So sorry to hear about the loss of your family friends daughter. That is just awful. My condolences. 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s called maturity and we see that clearly as we get older. So sorry to hear about the loss of your family friends daughter. That is just awful. My condolences. 

Totally agree with you. Hearing that news made me pause and think about my family. If you have kids make sure to hug them and tell them you love them as often as possible. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm glad I was born with the gene that allows me not to care about winning the conference.

Honestly, if we did, I'd wonder about the conference.  I was, already.  I mean we never seem to hit on all cylinders, yet we were one of the best teams?  I don't know.  It just seemed pretty bad.  The conference winner will get a bone thrown down to them from the P5 table.  That's it.

Very strange post. A big enough fan to post nearly 59,000 times but indifferent about ever winning a conference championship?