• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brent Schaeffer's decision this week?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Velcro...This time it looks like I was the one who responded late. GMTA.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

i'm not writing anything on it, but i talked with schaeffer's stepdad today and he insists brent hasn't made his decision yet. if i had to guess right now, i'd think clemson is where he'll end up, but his stepdad said he hadn't decided yet.

greg

i'm not writing anything on it, but i talked with schaeffer's stepdad today and he insists brent hasn't made his decision yet. if i had to guess right now, i'd think clemson is where he'll end up, but his stepdad said he hadn't decided yet.

greg

Clemson supposedly will not take him as they are goiing in a different direction.

camcgee

user profile

Post #603 Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrr Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at least you are an option though! im a clemson fan and would love to have had schaeffer on the team but our we already have 3 QB's on the roster and another QB committed this year, in addition to one of the top junior QB's in the nation. i hope brent does well and he'll probably be playing at USF. for the guy who wanted to play clemson in a bowl... be careful what you wish for ;) good luck to you guys

Posted on 7/27 8:27 PM | IP: Logged

http://usf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1228&tid=55535288&sid=&style=2

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Be careful what you wish for?  Did I get magically transported to an alternate universe where Clemson has a real football team?

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

and to think, we couldve been talking about schaeffer talking over the reigns from Adrian McPherson.. but NOOOO... oh well.

July 27, 2005

Clemson refuses QB Schaeffer's pledge

Clemson recruiting site TigerIllustrated has confirmed that former Tennessee QB Brent Schaeffer planned to transfer to Clemson as reported on Fanblogs; however, they are reporting that Clemson will not accept his pledge and will not offer a scholarship to Schaeffer.

Instead, Clemson will instead bank on the verbal committment of high school QB Michael Wade to supplement the existing QBs: JR Will Proctor, RS-F Cullen Harper, RS-F Tribble Reese, and starter SR Charlie Whitehurst, because Clemson now feels certain that they will get a committment from high school junior QB Will Korn in the next week. According to the report, Korn will be the only class of 2007 QB that Clemson will sign.

So...it now appears that Schaeffer -who had previsouly narrowed his choices to just Clemson and South Florida- must decide if he will transfer to the Big East's USF or look elsewhere.

Posted by Kevin Donahue

http://www.fanblogs.com/clemson/005366.php

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Come on home Brent... third time is a charm! Let's add some more talent to our growing pool of hopefuls and let the true leader rise to the top. People may be opposed to Brent playing here after dissing us twice... but if he does land here, it will make us that much more better!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

good news!

brent...it is meant to be!

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

Clemson Passing On Schaeffer

By Phil Kornblut

Clemson has decided not to take former Tennessee quarterback Brent Schaeffer as a transfer according to source familiar with the decision. Schaeffer apparently had decided to make the move to Clemson after considering Texas A&M, Georgia Tech, North Carolina and South Florida but Clemson decided to move in another direction. And that direction likely is highly rated junior quarterback Will Korn of Byrnes who is expected to announce a commitment to Clemson possibly as early as next week.

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050727/PSPORTS02/50727008/-1/PSPORTS