• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brent Schaeffer's decision this week?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  226
  • Days Won:  0

#1 = ACC + SEC - Tenn Opponents

#2 = USF

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Bien (or anyone),

Why do you say he's probably not coming?  With Clemson apparently out of the picture, who is Brent's new favorite?  Seems if he had it narrowed to USF and Clemson, then we'd be a pretty decent bet right now.

I wish I could say.  All I know is back in the early spring when all this legal issues cropped up and he decided to transfer the word was he was a lock for USF.  Now that was almost four months ago, and since then numerous schools have crept in the picture, and many promises have been made.

He knows USF and the campus very well, and he knows the staff very well and we're real close to home.  If he wanted USF, and dropping Clemson was the no-brainer decision then we would have already had an announcement.  Waiting until this weekend only tells me he's either choosing to go another route, grand-standing, or possibly trying to convince someone in his family to go this other route (ala Jean-Francois), he might also be getting subtly pushed by agents or people who may have a vested interest in where he attends.  None of the three look good for USF.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I know Schaeffer can't go to a SEC East school.  I'm pretty sure the SEC West is off limits too leaving his choices to ACC & BE for BCS east of the Mississippi River.  UofSC wooda been a great choice for him IMO.  I also believe some HC talked him out of USF but wasn't a good enuff salesman to seal the deal for his school.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Basically the schools Brent has on his list are all the schools without a big time super named QB on their roster, that are BCS schools east of the Mississippi, and who run somewhat of a wide open offense.

Quite clearly someone helped Brent compile this list.  For a kid that had no idea about some of these schools to suddenly be talking to Gtech?  How about TAMU?  There's external pressures being exerted which is why USF's chances have dwindled.  Brent's list was to comprehensive and what's weirder is outside of USF most were not in Brent's top 6 coming out of HS- Auburn, Ole Miss, KSU, NCST, Michigan St., Purdue, and Oklahoma (obviously not including UT, and USF).  I know the first two, but four are not on UT's schedule.  

The new list was created so sudden, it was extremely comprehensive and very systematic more based on systems and depth charts then relationships, the lack of geographic targeting, the speed and ability to compile such a list confirms that this came from more than just Brent.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i can't wait for this saga to be over