• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brent Schaeffer's decision this week?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Oh well, but I told you we were not out of it.  However it's hard to compete with what Clemson's throwin.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

That's a shame but, at least now (after seeing his name on the first page of this board for the past 20 years) we can stop talking about this guy.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

So let's recap - Brumbaugh, Schaeffer and Anderson, 3 potential superstars we were hoping for commitments from, all left us hanging for one reason or another.  

Guess some things never change.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

So let's recap - Brumbaugh, Schaeffer and Anderson, 3 potential superstars we were hoping for commitments from, all left us hanging for one reason or another.  

Guess some things never change.  

Glass half empty ......... glass half full is that we made it down to the last few cuts. Wouldn't you put Hill in that "potential superstar" category that DID pick us?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Anderson picked us too, but decided to play pro baseball... hardly falls into the snub category.

I was referring to these 3 that all just happened to pop up around the same time during the offseason.  I figured we'd get at least one of them but oh well.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Well Anderson was a USF signee, but we knew when we signed him that he might elect to play baseball instead. Most of us think it was a chance worth taking. The previous year we had shyed away from a Top QB who was supposed to be a great pitcher and he ended up at Troy and elected not to sign a baseball contract. I guess we weren't going to make the same mistake. We signed at least one guy T Roberts [who had two Int in the Cali-Florida All-Star game this year] who might be as good as Anderson and a couple of other quality DBs just to be safe.

As to Brent and Brumbaugh, they could have gone to many schools. That's just the nature of the beast with top athletes. We will lose more of them than we will get, but if we aren't even on their lists then we have no chance.

Right now there is a Top recruit who had USF among 11 schools. He just cut it to 9 by knocking off two BIG TIME football schools and yet USF is STILL there. I have no doubt that by the time he decides on a school, his name will be on a lot of threads. Perhaps, we'll be one of his final two schools and end up not being selected. In the meantime our name is out there "connected to him" for other top recruits to see. There is a benefit to that, even though it's not immediately seen. Besides, we needed something to talk about.  

Yeah Anderson picked us and said if he doesn't go by the 5th round he would come to USF.  Well, he went in the TENTH round and still chose not to come.  That is a snub.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It just shows he was offered enough money to follow his baseball dreams.  We knew it was coming.  Not a big deal.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Yeah Anderson picked us and said if he doesn't go by the 5th round he would come to USF.  Well, he went in the TENTH round and still played baseball.  That is a snub.  

I wasn't pleased with him moving the goal line either. But, I guess they showed him "sufficient money" to make it worthwhile. He may have gotten about the same money as a 5th round pick if the Rangers wanted him badly enough.