• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

Had some downtime at work, and wanted to see what the impact of CSG SloCoast Offense has had on Q. 

After 9 Games here are Q's stats: 

PASSING STATISTICS   RUSHING STATISTICS
    CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT     CAR YDS AVG LONG TD
2017   136 247 1955 55.1 7.92 15 4 138.3     145 751 5.2 44 9

In comparison here is the Gulf Coast Offense #'s (13 Total Games)

2016   207 331 2812 62.5 8.5 24 7 153.6     198 1530 7.7 63 18

The difference: 

71 84 857 7.4 0.58 9 3 15.3     53 779 2.5 19 9

In order to match last seasons numbers which are still possible, though highly unlikely [4 Games (Tulsa, UCF, CCG, Bowl)]. These are the numbers that Q would need to put up each game:

17.75 21 214.25 1.85 10.20 2.25 0.75 3.825     13.25 194.75 14.70 4.75 2.25

I see no reason why Q shouldn't be able to match and surpass last seasons passing numbers. But unfortunately, the rushing numbers seem unrealistic with the per game numbers so large.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

The insane thing is that he could well be able to. UConn had nothing around that QB of theirs, but they've shown that UCF has some cracks against dual threats-cracks that if Gilbert uses his brain we can take advantage of. 

Tulsa doesn't have a defense to speak of. If they run more of the GCO and mix up some of the better concepts from the Briles offense, he could easy have a 200/200 game. Beat UCF and perhaps you can get a repeat of the 2016 Memphis game. Of course, if you get through all of those teams and go to the Peach Bowl, you will face a pretty good defense whether it's ND, OSU, Michigan State, Georgia, or anyone else. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Gonna be sad to see Q graduate and move on and want to Thank him for everything he's done to elevate the program out of the dumpster it was in when he took over.

Truly a generational type of player.

Thank you Q!

For those going to the game tomorrow please get there early to show him and the other seniors the respect and gratitude they deserve.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

You won't get a huge argument from me, this offense has certainly hurt Q's production and I feel for the kid. I really wanted to see him get an invite to the Heisman ceremony and think he would if he had kept up last year's pace. If anyone deserves personal accolades it's Flowers.

But, I said it before in another thread, Quinton is still in there, when the chips are down, he's going to respond. I don't love this offense, but, given where we were last year, and the loss to Temple, I learned a lot. Being able to control the clock when you want to is HUGE against some of the high powered offenses that exist in College Football. Houston loss was a fluke to an extent on the 4-24 nightmare of a play. I feel better going into the UCF game with this offense and a more rested defense than I would have felt with last year's philosophy. Temple played "keep away from Quinton" and it worked. We are possessing the ball approximately 3 minutes more per game on average this year. Against UCF, ball control is part of the winning formula. Coincidentally, they are right in the same range as we were last year in TOP. Temple wasn't better than us last year, they didn't stop our offense, they just kept us off the field (they held the ball for 39 minutes!).

Summary; Yes, this philosophy hurt Quinton's stats and production, but, I am not 100% convinced that it wasn't a necessary shift to actually win a conference championship. Time will tell.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

You won't get a huge argument from me, this offense has certainly hurt Q's production and I feel for the kid. I really wanted to see him get an invite to the Heisman ceremony and think he would if he had kept up last year's pace. If anyone deserves personal accolades it's Flowers.

But, I said it before in another thread, Quinton is still in there, when the chips are down, he's going to respond. I don't love this offense, but, given where we were last year, and the loss to Temple, I learned a lot. Being able to control the clock when you want to is HUGE against some of the high powered offenses that exist in College Football. Houston loss was a fluke to an extent on the 4-24 nightmare of a play. I feel better going into the UCF game with this offense and a more rested defense than I would have felt with last year's philosophy. Temple played "keep away from Quinton" and it worked. We are possessing the ball approximately 3 minutes more per game on average this year. Against UCF, ball control is part of the winning formula. Coincidentally, they are right in the same range as we were last year in TOP. Temple wasn't better than us last year, they didn't stop our offense, they just kept us off the field (they held the ball for 39 minutes!).

Summary; Yes, this philosophy hurt Quinton's stats and production, but, I am not 100% convinced that it wasn't a necessary shift to actually win a conference championship. Time will tell.

Let's hope our coaches learned a bit about clock management in that Houston loss, also ... such as, when you have a lead and the clock is against you, burn as much of it as you can.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

52 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Gonna be sad to see Q graduate and move on and want to Thank him for everything he's done to elevate the program out of the dumpster it was in when he took over.

Truly a generational type of player.

Thank you Q!

For those going to the game tomorrow please get there early to show him and the other seniors the respect and gratitude they deserve.

Shook his hand after the Uconn game and told him thanks for bringing the alma mater back to  relevancy. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

He has been great. I know the great 8 Grothe personally, he was a great player for us . Flowers is on another level, but just never got as many big stage opportunities to shine.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

He will be missed. Good programs adapt and reload. I hope he continues to work hard after his USF days.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

I hope he gets in the NFL. I think he could make it as a PR/KR, RB receiver, and or a slot receiver.