• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More like Charlie Weak amirite??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Strong was thoroughly outcoached tonight. Blew the game. 

He's the college football version of Marvin Lewis. Too weak, terrible at game management, cannot get his team up for a game. 

We lost a good one with Willie. Thus far we have out athleted our easy opponents despite our coaching. Tonight it caught up with us. 

Edited by DontPushMe

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Personally, I don't think we have the speed to run the same offense as last year. I don't have a problem with the offensive system we are running with the personnel we have, but I think we need to give Flowers more options. He appears to be the only playmaker on offense. Shut him down and the offense is plodding. That's fine when the defense holds up. Our RB's are serviceable, but are no threat on the outside. 

DJ should be used more as a receiver. 

Our receivers are not playmakers. Never break tackles and very rarely get YAC. 

This offense works in conjunction with a good defense. 

I do not really see Gilbert using any aspect of the offense to set up another aspect. 

My opinion about Strong is he is a high integrity guy, good manager of a program, good recruiter, but I don't see him as a successful coach in a P5 program. I think he is a middle of the road game day coach, but I don't see him being dynamic enough to bring us to the next level. 

He is fine, but not dynamic  

3 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Personally, I don't think we have the speed to run the same offense as last year. I don't have a problem with the offensive system we are running with the personnel we have, but I think we need to give Flowers more options. He appears to be the only playmaker on offense. Shut him down and the offense is plodding. That's fine when the defense holds up. Our RB's are serviceable, but are no threat on the outside. 

I do not really see Gilbert using any aspect of the offense to set up another aspect. 

My opinion about Strong is he is a high integrity guy, good manager of a program, good recruiter, but I don't see him as a successful coach in a P5 program. I think he is a middle of the road game day coach, but I don't see him being dynamic enough to bring us to the next level. 

Exactly. He's a likable guy, good with the media. Terrible, God awful game day manager who cannot inspire a team to save his life. 

He is Marvin Lewis. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12

No question about it.  He went for it when he should have taken FG's in the first half, then played for the field goal and mismanaged the clock in the process at the end of the game.  Everyone in the stadium knew our D was dog tired and to leave the game in their hands instead of trying to score a TD and run clock is just bad coaching.  Classic Charlie.  He was handed a great opportunity this year and blew it.  Houston was the first team we played with similar talent to ours this year and look what happened.  However, they did it with their back up QB and 3rd string RB...

UConn in 40 degree weather next week is no lay up after this deflating loss (for those that think we could still run the table).

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I just read Strong's comments about the offense. Sounds like one of the dumbest answers I have ever heard. 

Someone asked if the offense could have been more creative. He said the were stacking the box so you take what they give you. 

So if they are stacking the box, why the hell do you keep running into it?  How about move the pocket and run some RPO. That is what they were giving actually. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I just read Strong's comments about the offense. Sounds like one of the dumbest answers I have ever heard. 

Someone asked if the offense could have been more creative. He said the were stacking the box so you take what they give you. 

So if they are stacking the box, why the hell do you keep running into it?  How about move the pocket and run some RPO. That is what they were giving actually. 

and maybe a RB screen or wheel route. offense is painful to watch now. i get the loss of personnel but man this offense has 0 creativity.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

We can only hope UF takes him so he can screw them up further 

Never liked the hire...i hope he succeeds but he should only be a DC

He is a mediocre coach that got lucky with Bridgewater 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Very good assessment. The GCO would definitely look different without Mack & Adams. Figuring out a way to take advantage of Flower's strengths would be a big step forward.

23 hours ago, TheBullies said:

I feel for Q. His draft stock is being damaged.

Damaged? More like completely destroyed. 

He's not an NFL qb, he will need to work out as a rb or wr. Maybe he can pull a Terrell pryor