• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AP Poll Ranking - Week 9

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

Based on what I saw last night I am ok with this. I just hope we somehow keep winning.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

USC still ranked??

OK ST Needed OT to win! 

LSU lost to Troy.

Ranking......

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

And our defense still gives up head scratching big plays. This is the Gilbert offense we are seven games into the season. Its not changing. 

You're probably right about the offense, but that late call to Tice gives me some hope that Gilbert has something up his sleeve that he's saving for the right moment. I can't believe there's not more to his playbook than what we've seen so far. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

The Phantom Gilbert Theory - I hope it's real

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Rocky Style said:

The Phantom Gilbert Theory - I hope it's real

I don't recall seeing a play designed like the one to Tice on that late first down run. It was a brilliant call when we really needed one. We also managed to throw the ball better than usual when we needed it against SJSU. We might see the whole playbook vs UCF, including things we hadn't previous seen (hopefully). Our schedule has basically been a series of scrimmages when you consider the competition. If he can get away with keeping it vanilla, which he's been able to do, then maybe he's saving something. Unlikely, but possible.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237

Click on USF and see how the AP voted.  Some voters vote against us every week no matter how well we are doing.

http://collegepolltracker.com/football/

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59

Our undefeated season thus far is a fraud! (Pardon me Mitt Romney.) It has been achieved against relatively bad football teams. True, we can only play who is in front of us. But a top twenty ranking for a team that somehow finds a way to make games against weak teams interesting?   Absolutely not!   Right now, I am extremely disappointed in Charlie Strong. This team is undisciplined, and more often than not does not play with great intensity for long portions of each game. Honestly, our head coach is not the reason why we are undefeated at this point in time . The weak schedule is the one and only major reason. Our first real football game is coming up this weekend. One of two things will happen. Either we will find out that our Bulls are a team that plays up to the level of competition and often gets bored when things are going their way big time. Or, as suggested, we are an overrated ball club that has not yet proven anything against anybody. I am not yet ready to give my numerical prediction on our upcoming game vs. the Cougars. But, I think they will beat us by at least two touchdowns unless Strong can convince both his players and coaches to stay awake for four quarters. I can not  believe that I feel this way when my favorite college football team is 7-0, but I do!  As someone  so aptly pointed out yesterday,  this season's record is a mirage thus far!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, negron2002 said:

Click on USF and see how the AP voted.  Some voters vote against us every week no matter how well we are doing.

http://collegepolltracker.com/football/

Bias. It's ugly, but it is there, in spades.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, raginbull76 said:

Our undefeated season thus far is a fraud! (Pardon me Mitt Romney.) It has been achieved against relatively bad football teams. True, we can only play who is in front of us. But a top twenty ranking for a team that somehow finds a way to make games against weak teams interesting?   Absolutely not!   Right now, I am extremely disappointed in Charlie Strong. This team is undisciplined, and more often than not does not play with great intensity for long portions of each game. Honestly, our head coach is not the reason why we are undefeated at this point in time . The weak schedule is the one and only major reason. Our first real football game is coming up this weekend. One of two things will happen. Either we will find out that our Bulls are a team that plays up to the level of competition and often gets bored when things are going their way big time. Or, as suggested, we are an overrated ball club that has not yet proven anything against anybody. I am not yet ready to give my numerical prediction on our upcoming game vs. the Cougars. But, I think they will beat us by at least two touchdowns unless Strong can convince both his players and coaches to stay awake for four quarters. I can not  believe that I feel this way when my favorite college football team is 7-0, but I do!  As someone  so aptly pointed out yesterday,  this season's record is a mirage thus far!

You are supposed to beat bad teams, USF has done that. They will continue to do that. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59

2 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

You are supposed to beat bad teams, USF has done that. They will continue to do that. 

So does that mean that they should be ranked in the top twenty for doing so?  UCF has beaten Navy,  Memphis and Maryland.  Being objective, they should be ranked ahead of us as should some other teams.  Like I said, we just might be the type of team that plays up to the level of the competition.  Hopefully so.  We will find out this upcoming weekend.  There might also be some truth to coordinators not showing all their cards, so to speak, when they don't have to.   But usually, that doesn't seem to be the case with most teams.  As for the penalties and lack of concentration at times?  That is on the coaches.   Could you imagine a post game Alabama locker room if Nick Saban walked into it after a second half performance like we just put on against Tulane?