• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You Don't Fill Stadiums Like This

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,123
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

Pretty much. So our team dominated for 3 quarters in all phases of the game but you know we could've  lost so I'm not going to support them. 

You know we're to 25 in like all these important stats but I'm not up for supporting an actual game. I only watch linemen clubbing baby seals. Anything short of Alabama isn't worth my money. 

What type of logic is that. The game was never really in jeopardy. QF interception was a fluke. That missed and blocked field goals haven't happened in ages. And our defense hasn't had an outing like the 4th quarter all season. 

Just a fluke quarter where the athletes assumed they had the game wrapped up and didn't. Better they lessen that against lesser competition than later against an actual defensively dangerous team. 

It might just be folks on this board projecting their criticisms onto your average fans.  We are a USF football, forum excuse me THE USF Football Forum, and its our job to kibitz and breakdown our strengths and weaknesses.  I talk to people of the street and all they see is the record.  "USF is really good this year!" is what they say to me because they know I follow the team really closely.

The fans will show up; we will be playing to be 8-0 this weekend against a solid Houston team.  Style points no longer matter once you get to this point.  If we make it to 13-0 it is quite an accomplishment and there are always some close games against inferior opponents when teams go undefeated so it won't matter that we did not crush every team.  It will be our consistency that matters.

There was a time where I was hoping UCF would trip up along the way in order to make it easier for us.  That was stupid.  I hope we are both undefeated.  It will be a great game and everyone will be watching.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,694
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

That's what $75 million gets you.

THAT cost $75 million? Have to assume the bulk of that was in places we weren't privy to ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

44 minutes ago, Triple B said:

THAT cost $75 million? Have to assume the bulk of that was in places we weren't privy to ...

That's what I was told by someone while we were there this weekend.  I didn't do any research so just looked now.  http://www.wow.com/wiki/Yulman_Stadium.  That says $75 million.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

Pretty much. So our team dominated for 3 quarters in all phases of the game but you know we could've  lost so I'm not going to support them. 

You know we're to 25 in like all these important stats but I'm not up for supporting an actual game. I only watch linemen clubbing baby seals. Anything short of Alabama isn't worth my money. 

What type of logic is that. The game was never really in jeopardy. QF interception was a fluke. That missed and blocked field goals haven't happened in ages. And our defense hasn't had an outing like the 4th quarter all season. 

Just a fluke quarter where the athletes assumed they had the game wrapped up and didn't. Better they lessen that against lesser competition than later against an actual defensively dangerous team. 

500+ yds of offense, 34 points, covered what the experts said should be the spread, made needed adjustments after the 2nd drive and shut them down completely until we played backups in the 4th which led to their comeback. Nationally ranked. Record 7-0 start. Longest 30+ ppg in the HISTORY of D1 football...

WE SUCK!

GO BULLS!

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Somebody said that our local football owners paid a large portion of their stadium costs.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, BDYZR said:

Somebody said that our local football owners paid a large portion of their stadium costs.

Yup. Glazers did do that.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

500+ yds of offense, 34 points, covered what the experts said should be the spread, made needed adjustments after the 2nd drive and shut them down completely until we played backups in the 4th which led to their comeback. Nationally ranked. Record 7-0 start. Longest 30+ ppg in the HISTORY of D1 football...

WE SUCK!

GO BULLS!

WTF?

The spread is the spread, and it's set by the experts in Vegas, and we did NOT cover

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,694
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Avram Glazer's wife is a big Tulane booster/graduate. They gave $5 million and matched personalized brick donations ...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Avram Glazer's wife is a big Tulane booster/graduate. They gave $5 million and matched personalized brick donations ...

All of that was from USF game concessions money!!! :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  2,341
  • Content Count:  21,354
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

All of that was from USF game concessions money!!! :stirpot:

**** Right

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344