• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Peach pursuit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Peach pursuit: How the Group of Five's best fared in Week 4

Each week henceforth, we'll take a look at how USF fared in comparison to the other serious Group of Five contenders for the New Year's Six bowl berth. Presuming that berth will be in the Peach Bowl, we've devised a gauge of sorts measuring each team's New Year's Six chances at this moment in time.

Peachy: In the driver's seat for a Peach Bowl berth
Ripening: A team to watch. New Year's outlook getting stronger
Bruised: Peach Bowl chances took a recent hit
The Pits: Not a serious contender at this time

Read more at:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/peach-pursuit-how-the-group-of-fives-best-fared-in-week-4/2338624

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Could be Cotton Bowl ... or does the name make people "Cotton-Picking" mad ;) 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,999
  • Days Won:  12

Houston and UCF will be tough. Optimistic but its just freaking hard to go 12-0, then win a conf champ game. One week at a time. ECU looking OK today. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Totally agree...one game at a time. There is a lot of difficult conference games left.

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

Hope this team continues to improve as the season goes on.  Seems like that is the trend but the improvements are small.  

Need to get this team concentrating at the start of the game.  Blessing is that we have a bye after the ECU game which should allow us to get focused and heal before the 4 games that includes one or two difficult teams. 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

7 hours ago, hm101 said:

Houston and UCF will be tough. Optimistic but its just freaking hard to go 12-0, then win a conf champ game. One week at a time. ECU looking OK today. 

And as we did looking back to last year's Temple game, ECU may remember their game vs USF from last season. There may have been something controversial done to them at the end of the game.  Good be extra motivation.  Hmmmmm.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

And as we did looking back to last year's Temple game, ECU may remember their game vs USF from last season. There may have been something controversial done to them at the end of the game.  Good be extra motivation.  Hmmmmm.  

Good point but I think it would be even more applicable if WT was still here coaching. The same concept is applicable to UCF also. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, hm101 said:

Houston's offense looked horrible on Saturday vs. Texas Tech.  Perhaps an off day!  It's really UCF that I am worried about.  They beat up on Maryland.  They look like a good football team thus far.  If the Knights beat Memphis then watch out!  As you stated, it's very hard for any team to go 12-0, even with a light schedule like USF has.  It's too early to predict, but it is entirely possible that both USF and UCF could meet as undefeated teams that Friday after Thanksgiving.  Wouldn't that be fun!

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Good point but I think it would be even more applicable if WT was still here coaching. The same concept is applicable to UCF also. 

Temple has a new coach and I don't think that made any difference in wanting to beat their brains out.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Bourbon Bull said:

Temple has a new coach and I don't think that made any difference in wanting to beat their brains out.

Good point. But Willie and the ECU coach made it personal between them. I think the same is true with Frost.