• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lack of fanbase smack talk in AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Ok guys, I don't think this topic has been approached, so I will bring it up.One of the big driving forces behind college football popularity is smack talk, bragging rights, and rivalries. For example, If you are a team like FSU, you don't want to lose a game because Gator fans will not let you hear the end of it on message boards, at work, or at the grocery  store even. I originally created my user name, many moons ago, to smack talk with other teams and we had some good banter going back and forth on the old bullspen and on the Rivals message boards. Cardinals fans, UCF fans, Rutgers fans, and W. Virginia fans would all let us hear it when we lost and we would do so likewise. We ripped W. Virginia for being couch burning hillbillies and it generally made the games more exciting because you felt like you had something to gain or lose with every game besides the tick in the standings column. I haven't felt that way for many years. Not many posters on here from other teams talking smack and getting us riled up...we aren't rallying to defend USF's honor on opposing message boards. It's almost like we are playing football in a vacuum. I know that it may be immature of me, but I miss the smack talk and fan rivalries.I don't give two shakes about Temple, Tulsa, Houston, Tulane, or Memphis fans because i've never honestly interacted with them. Honestly, just like the team uses bulletin board material to get fired up before a game, fans do the same thing. Problem is that there is nothing to get fired up about in this conference....I will probably never meet an actual Tulane fan in my life. How can we get back the fan intensity and bring back the fun yet friendly banter with another team's fans?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I do it when I go to games, which is kind of rare, more rare that I would like, but it is what it is ... I just have better things to do than go to other teams' message boards and talk smack.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

I just have better things to do than go to other teams' message boards and talk smack.  

I think that happens when you have a mortgage, a marriage, and kids. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, JTrue said:

I think that happens when you have a mortgage, a marriage, and kids. 

Throw in the whole "job" thing along with those three little details and it gets tough to squeeze life's important necessities like message board smack.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

If you wanna see smack talk, follow the AAC Facebook page and check out the comments on any post regarding USF (or UCF or Temple) and you'll find everything your heart desires.  I used to get a little TOO into it, I'd spend a decent amount of time defending USF against UCF trolls back in 2013. But the thing is, the other people commenting usually just had no idea what they were talking about. It was like talking to a brick wall.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Let them talk smack all they want. They won't be saying much when we kick their ass on the field. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

This kind of reminds me of this ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

This kind of reminds me of this ....

:lmao:

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

We have the misfortune of being in the unenviable position of being a program that went from Div 1AA to BCS then back down to obscurity in a very short period of time. This was a huge blow to the identity that we had built as a potential rising powerhouse and took the wind out of much of the USF community's sails.  I think a lot of people felt let down by this and no longer care.  

Edited by beastiebull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Bull Cockey... You might consider posting on the AACBBS board.

http://csnbbs.com/forum-409.html

They have a separate AAC smack board.

You can also post on their main board in any of the numerous threads, because there is plenty of smack talk in each.

In particular, you might want to contribute to the official USF - Temple game thread.

****Official Temple v. USF Game Thread**** (Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 41 )