• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Bottom Line

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We clearly have some issues, but I rather win handily while working out the issues over losing while we worked them out as we have done in the past.

The bottom line:

We're 4-0 (there is no way to be any better)

Our defense is vastly improved  (I know the whole competition argument, but last season, they were bad against, "lesser" teams)

Our running game looks good  (289 yards per game)

We've seen what Flowers can do in this offense (see Illinois).  I think outside of Houston, Temple will be the best defense we'll see this season.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Also, I'd rather win in a boring fashion, than lose in an exciting game.  Think UCLA is happy about their loss to Memphis?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Also, I'd rather win in a boring fashion, than lose in an exciting game.  Think UCLA is happy about their loss to Memphis?

Of course they were, it was a great teaching moment :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We are beating people up up front on both sides of the ball for the first time in a long, long time!

Look out if we figure out our offensive woes!  We are scoring 30 because of our Defense right now..

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Bulls1181 said:

We are beating people up up front on both sides of the ball for the first time in a long, long time!

Look out if we figure out our offensive woes!  We are scoring 30 because of our Defense right now..

This. Can you imagine this team getting more offensive production? If so we are looking at a top 10 team. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2016 offense with 2017 defense = scary good

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Bottom line is our QB play is the elephant in the room... great running ability but we just aren't making the throws that have to be made. It has to get better for us to run the table.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I think CCS and Gilbert are going to put the success or failure of the 2017 season on the shoulders of the running game and the D.  I believe they feel Flowers is a liability in the passing game.  CCS has even said if he was designing a D to stop Flowers he would take away the run and make him throw.

The offense will change once they get the QB they feel they can trust to throw.  Who knows if that QB is even on the roster.

Relying on a strong D and a strong running game is the recipe for success.  Let's just see how it all plays out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

has even said if he was designing a D to stop Flowers he would take away the run and make him throw.

He'd be good at that. They've designed an offense to stop Flowers.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think CCS and Gilbert are going to put the success or failure of the 2017 season on the shoulders of the running game and the D.  I believe they feel Flowers is a liability in the passing game.  CCS has even said if he was designing a D to stop Flowers he would take away the run and make him throw.

The offense will change once they get the QB they feel they can trust to throw.  Who knows if that QB is even on the roster.

Relying on a strong D and a strong running game is the recipe for success.  Let's just see how it all plays out.

so having the #17 rated passer from 2016 on your roster isn't good enough for them? yikes.