• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF & U Conn discussing game . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

8 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Miami was worried about flying out on Friday as much as flying back.

Not per the ESPN article:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20603064/miami-hurricanes-cancel-game-arkansas-state-red-wolves-hurricane-irma-concerns

Getting to Arkansas for the game would not be the problem for Miami. The potential issue would be getting back to Miami, and the uncertainty over what will happen with the storm led to the decision to err on the side of caution.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

26 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Noon kickoff means flying out at 6 in best case scenario. 9pm return to Tampa at best and the state may already have tropical storm winds which could make flying a problem.

The above is best case. Given that Saturday air travel to/from anywhere in Florida will be difficult and require rerouting flights to different paths it could get much more complicated.

Florida is a pretty big state and just because south Florida gets tropical storm winds does not mean we will have sustained winds in Tampa on Saturday evening. Even if it does actually track towards us it isn't supposed to be near us until 2 am Monday morning.  I mean I guess there is a chance that this can be the first storm in the history of the world that give hurricane impact winds in the same area for more than three days but I will go out on a limb and guess that it won't.

Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, puc86 said:

Florida is a pretty big state and just because south Florida gets tropical storm winds does not mean we will have sustained winds in Tampa on Saturday evening. Even if it actually does actually track towards us it isn't supposed to be near us until 2 am Monday morning.  I mean I guess there is a chance that this can be the first storm in the history of the world that give hurricane impact winds in the same area for more than three days but I will go out on a limb and guess that it won't.

I gave you the rationale of the people making the decision. Then you come back and snipe at me as if I am making the decision. 

You should call Harlan's office and let him know that he, and now U of M's AD, are both overreacting.

Just now, SANJAY said:

I gave you the rationale of the people making the decision. Then you come back and snipe at me as if I am making the decision. 

You should call Harlan's office and let him know that he, and now U of M's AD, are both overreacting.

Miami's game was 3.5 hours later and they are 4.5 hours south east of here on coast that has a shot at direct impact. Their decision may make sense, a flight back to Tampa, not so much.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Miami's game was 3.5 hours later and they are 4.5 hours south east of here on coast that has a shot at direct impact. Their decision may make sense, a flight back to Tampa, not so much.

Harlan

MARK HARLAN

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, puc86 said:

Once again, feel free to call Harlan.

I must have missed the post where Harlan was quoting me and posting about the best case scenarios and the impossibility of landing a plane in Tampa at 9 pm Saturday evening.

Edited by puc86
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

Then again, the fans that were going to be there in the first place were probably going to be die-hards, so it might not phase the attendance at all. Wishing all the traveling Bulls safety, and you too over there in Melbourne, fanatic. Looks like another Matthew comin' your way...

Very good point. I'm just excited for the game. Thanks for the good wishes. Hopefully it dies a bit before it hits us so we're keeping our fingers crossed. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Our weather will be in the Tampa area its worse around sunday night so if they can get here around late sat night like 10pm or so they should be fine.