• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hurricane Irma

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, JTrue said:

Now, this might show my ignorance on the subject, but are car videos where you back up 4 1/2 feet a thing? 

I have no earthly clue. They were taken about 2 years apart. I guess.........hell, i have no idea.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

1966 Shelby GT350 race car.  Race for a couple of decades. I raced it for a couple of years, then freshened it up and retired it as I grew too old to be 100% confident with a car that is not for the timid. One of about 100 Sapphire blue 1966 Shelby's

I de-tuned it around 2004,  put the interior back in it, and made it almost street legal. I don't get crazy with it on the street, so I don't get hassled.

Headphones help give it the proper ....well you know.  I restored about 6 classic shelby's with my two sons, then moved on to supercharged S351  Saleens to keep them interested. I had a theorty, if they sweat over fixing a car up, they would never wreck it. Luckily, it worked.

All except for the part where someone vandalized that dashboard, hot car dude.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

Both the red and white cars are 1995 S351 cars. red is #49, and the white one is #111.

I am the second owner of #111. #49 was found in a barn in Montana, I spent 2 years returning  to its original glory. It is one of a very few original leather recaro cars.  The original Alcon brakes had been stolen as well as other vital pieces. It has been a labor of love.

S351,= (especially the R models) cars to those who like Saleens, are the  Holy Grail Mustangs.

Yeah those are rare...was always a fan of that car.

Thanks.They are  a very niche item, but to those of us who know of them, and love them, they are quite amazing. Many firsts for an "stock"american car. Full magnesium  wheels, tremec transmission, alcon brakes and rotors, genuine well thought out supercharging, 500+  HP, 6 shock suspension, over 1G in the turns, 10 inch rear wheels, full recaro interior....just some neat items.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318

I'm in Charlotte permanently now but waking up to see the track has moved to put Tampa under the gun. Be safe Bullspen and all Tamplonians!

• Upvote 1

SW Florida is fairly used to this, IMO, Tampa is not. A cat 3 with a bad storm surge could be really bad for the Bay Area. I hope it does not happen.

Doing my last minute prep. Gonna get real later today wind/wet wise, tomorrow for about 18 hours, it is going to be rockin.

Good luck to everyone.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

SW Florida is fairly used to this, IMO, Tampa is not. A cat 3 with a bad storm surge could be really bad for the Bay Area. I hope it does not happen.

Doing my last minute prep. Gonna get real later today wind/wet wise, tomorrow for about 18 hours, it is going to be rockin.

Good luck to everyone.

Tampa hasn't really been hit for 100 years. It has seen storms but not really a direct hit with a major storm. Looks like Miami passed the buck to Tampa this time. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I just posted this in another thread, but thought  it might be more appropriate here.

Th Sun Dome is a shelter for only the medical needy. Meaning that they are only taking in people who are on dialysis, those using oxygen and those in need of on site nursing.

There is a regular shelter on the USF campus at the Pizzo elementary school on Bull Run. We have checked in there and will be staying over tonight, tomorrow and possibly longer depending on circumstances.  It's run by the Red Cross and serves three free meals a day.

If you are still looking for a place to shelter, I suggest going there today and registering, since it is filling up. It has room for 1,600 people. After registering, they give you a wristband with your assigned room number.

Hope everybody will be out of harm's way when Irma hits. 

Here is some more info on shelters:

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY

A mandatory evacuation order is issued for Tampa residents living in Zone A starting at 2 p.m. Friday.

Hillsborough County is issuing a voluntary evacuation for special-needs residents in Evacuation Zone A starting 8 a.m. Friday.

Two special needs shelters are opening at 8 a.m. and staying open until further notice. They are located in Strawberry Crest High School, 4691 Gallagher Road in Dover, and  SunDome at USF, 4202 E. Fowler Ave. in Tampa. Special needs residents with questions should call 813-272-5900.

The special-needs shelters are only for residents with medical issues that require electricity assistance or cognitive issues that would not be supported in a general population shelter.

At 8 a.m. Saturday, the following shelters will open for residents in Evacuation Zone A whose homes are vulnerable to wind damage and evacuees from other counties:

• Middleton High School, 4801 N 22nd Street in Tampa
• Simmons Career Center, 1202 W Grant Street in Plant City
• Shields Middle School, 15732 Beth Shields Ways in Ruskin (Pet-Friendly)
• Pizzo Elementary School, 11701 Bull Run in Tampa
• Cypress Creek Elementary School, 400 19th Ave NE in Ruskin
• Hammond Elementary School, 8008 N Mobley Road in Odessa
• Sessums Elementary School, 11525 Ramble Creek Drive in Tampa
• Bartels Middle School, 9020 Imperial Oak Blvd in Tampa (Pet-Friendly)
• Brandon High School, 1101 Victoria Street in Brandon Smith,
• Sgt. Paul Middle School, 14303 Citrus Pointe Drive in Tampa (Pet-Friendly)
• Burnett Middle School, 1010 N Kingsway Road in Seffner (Pet-Friendly)
• Valrico Elementary School, 609 South Miller Road in Valrico
• Summerfield Crossings Elementary School, 11050 Fairway Meadow Road in Valrico
Greco Middle School, 6925 East Fowler Ave in Temple Terrace

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

I finished installing my hurricane shutters this morning. Stocked up on plenty of food and water. Now we sit and wait. 

Stay safe everyone. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

9 minutes ago, Pyotr said:

I finished installing my hurricane shutters this morning. Stocked up on plenty of food and water. Now we sit and wait. 

Stay safe everyone. 

And that's one of the really tough parts of this. The stress leading up to it is well, stressful :D

We stayed home because our daughter and her family said they wanted to ride it out here at our place so we stayed put. This morning she told us she may be going to Jacksonville but eventually decided to come here.