• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today felt...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, 370Bull said:

Oh and was anyone watching Flowers on the sideline? I was honestly disappointed at his composure. He was just shaking his head and somewhat pouting the entire time. I understand things aren't going well but usually that's when you need to stay positive and optimistic. 

I think he's more pissed off about the horrible play calling then anything else. They are not using his strengths well. How many handoffs up the middle for little to no yards did we have tonight? We are not that team 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Mama_Bull said:

I wonder how much input Harlan has with CCS.

Harlan should express his displeasure of the offense to him.

That's what Harlan did with Taggart and that got him headed in the right direction.

Only problem is Coach Strong has a little more clout. I wonder if Harlan feels comfortable doing that. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

I think he's more pissed off about the horrible play calling then anything else. They are not using his strengths well. How many handoffs up the middle for little to no yards did we have tonight? We are not that team 

My wife, who knows very little about football, kept saying why do they keep running the same play that never works.  I had no answer.

• Upvote 1

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

My wife, who knows very little about football, kept saying why do they keep running the same play that never works.  I had no answer.

Nobody but Gilbert knows. We are not a power run team. Our offensive line is not good enough to even open up holes against Stony Brook. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Only problem is Coach Strong has a little more clout. I wonder if Harlan feels comfortable doing that. 

I'm sure he will after hearing boos at halftime. This offense is not going to bring in fans. Hopefully they open it up and do what they said they were going to do earlier in the year. 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Now this makes me worry even more. Hard to have success if the players aren't buying in to the system and going all in. But it really is poor play calling.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

49 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

That's what Harlan did with Taggart and that got him headed in the right direction.

He also brought it Tomey and Kinan.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

51 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I long for us hiring a coach that doesn't need an AD and and handful of advisors to guide him to the obvious.  I don't think Charlie is in that category, but how would I know?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

I long for us hiring a coach that doesn't need an AD and and handful of advisors to guide him to the obvious.  I don't think Charlie is in that category, but how would I know?

He did attend the bowl game and should be able to see the difference himself between both offenses.

Although he acknowledged that the team played awful tonight, he did not seem to take any of the blame for that on himself.

IMO, he needs to do some self reflection.

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

He did attend the bowl game and should be able to see the difference himself between both offenses.

Although he acknowledged that the team played awful tonight, he did not seem to take any of the blame for that on himself.

IMO, he needs to do some self reflection.

I agree 100%. He never mentioned the horrible play calling. Anyone can see our offense is nowhere close to what it was last year.