• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Buzz on campus?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Not feeling real good about attendance this weekend with the Greek system conflict, playing Stony Brook at 4pm, UF/UM game at 3:3 and potential rain in the forecast.  We may be looking at SJSU type of crowd...sigh.  At least the few green shirts scattered throughout all the red seats will have a very festive look to it.  

You can use this statement almost every week for USF football. There is always something...

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You can use this statement almost every week for USF football. There is always something...

Agreed.  Until our fanbase cares more about USF football than "there is always something" we will continue to have pathetic attendance

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, IHuckItDeep said:

Accusations that greeks dont want to support USF football is a little ridiculous. 

When I go to USF games now, there are so many greeks that were on campus when I was in school (freshmen year fall of '04) that are at every USF game.  A lot of greeks make up the strongest and most supportive alumni group. 

I swear I remember there were some basketball games where greeks were the only students in the student section besides the hardcore student fans in the first 2 rows. 

To piggyback off of this, Greeks support nearly all USF sports strongly. When I was still an undergrad, my fraternity put a strong emphasis on going to as many sporting events as possible. For example, our fraternity had the highest attendance for the Tennis teams home matches for 3 years running. So to say Greeks don't care is a blind accusation. 

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness
spelling

Here's a conversation that Collin had with 2 girls that I know that were in sororities while I was still an undergrad.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,495

12 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

To piggyback off of this, Greeks support nearly all USF sports strongly. When I was still an undergrad, my fraternity put a strong emphasis on going to as many sporting events as possible. For example, our fraternity had the highest attendance for the Tennis teams home matches for 3 years running. So to say Greeks don't care is a blind accusation. 

Maybe he means they should care a little more, since this situation has gone on for so long without a solution being found on either side.   An outside observer might get that impression.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I didn't feel the need to buy my friends at USF, so I didn't rush. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Just now, bullstampede9922 said:

Maybe he means they should care a little more, since this situation has gone on for so long without a solution being found on either side.   An outside observer might get that impression.

I completely understand why most have that mindset from an outsiders perspective. The difficulty that Pan has is since each recruitment day takes a full day, they are limited to the weekend so they don't interfere with classes. IFC can get away with recruitment during the week since they can schedule their events in the evening, whereas Pan can not. 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I didn't feel the need to buy my friends at USF, so I didn't rush. 

I won't touch this, even though it is a load of BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't care who's fault this is, it's got to be fixed.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Also, why can't a recruiting event be at the game?  Make your pledges go.