• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF overcharging for Season tickets and costing themselves butts in the seats?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, Brad said:

I stopped going to Phoenix Suns games because it was sensory overload.  Bright lights, noise and tits & ass.  I just wanted to see a game.  The T&A was ok, but the feeling they had to entertain the crowd constantly killed the ability to get my son's attention for more than three seconds. 

Excellent point! I just want to watch the game. Most of this crap is like going to an arena football game today. So much easier to watch it on tv and the data suggests this is what more and more people are doing for sports in general. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

30 minutes ago, FarEastBull said:

Turn down that music! --And stay out of my yard!

Keep it down, small fry.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, Brad said:

I stopped going to Phoenix Suns games because it was sensory overload.  Bright lights, noise and tits & ass.  I just wanted to see a game.  The T&A was ok, but the feeling they had to entertain the crowd constantly killed the ability to get my son's attention for more than three seconds. 

I have to disagree as I truly love me some Grizz games...NBA games are a lot of fun.

486994863-777.jpg?itok=LHGWF6K2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

For a sport that features probably 15 minutes of actual play over 3.5 hours, I would say there needs to be some sort of production besides the band (in the pregame and during timeouts) to keep people engaged. Our offense may be a treat to watch, but they are only like 5% of the actual game experience, maybe less considering how they strike so quickly. Unless you're a diehard, I can see how the casual fan can get bored during the game. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How many a few hundred?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Season ticket sales more than tripled, and has grown since, despite further increases. WBB has had extremely high renewal rates,  Harlan's first year it was 94%.

Tripled what?  I think that's great, but what was the net increase?  Just a big difference between tripling attendance of 500 or 25k.  How season tix do?  To triple 14k season tix in football is a different animal.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

36 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

So, if they dropped the seat donation and raised the ticket price by that amount, you'd be a season ticket holder😀

It would be easier.  Seriously.  I really don't want to donate to them.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

20 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

with red seats and a pirate ship...

I mean, nothing says USF Bulls like:

3cde80441ec33e03c257c459f47eb98d.jpg

I got molested by a drill team girl right next to the pirate ship...and I was a grown man at the time. The pirate ship is nothing but wonderful memories to me.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

24 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I got molested by a drill team girl right next to the pirate ship...and I was a grown man at the time. The pirate ship is nothing but wonderful memories to me.

There ya go. You focus on the happy thoughts, like consensual molestation memories or, dare I say, the actual football game being played out on the field, and all that accompanies it, instead of minor details like seat colors and props.