• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's official:  USF Names Offensive Coordinat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

I would be far more concerned about Greg Gregory being a member of the coaching staff. That guy has the taint of Brian Knorr on him. Nice guy, but we Bobcat fans suffered through Gregory's anemic offenses for far too long.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

You know what is really funny is I remember people saying spurier would become our next OC

first of all his ego would never let him be anything but a HC but come on....82k

until we ante up we will be stuck with assistants like smith

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

OK knowledgeable football people, a question.  

The Trib article states Smith will remain QB coach also.  Will he have enough time to spend with the QB's, especially given our relative youth at the position?

To hear some in here, the less time with the qb's the better ....

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

You know what is really funny is I remember people saying spurier would become our next OC

first of all his ego would never let him be anything but a HC but come on....82k

until we ante up we will be stuck with assistants like smith

SS could of done it for $20K.  He's still making $5 Million annually from the Redskins...I think.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

SS could of done it for $20K.  He's still making $5 Million annually from the Redskins...I think.

could have but never would have.....unless you feel USF is his charity....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

Actually, he isn't making money from his Redskins gig... when he quit, Snyder offered to keep paying him - but Spurrier turned him down.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

What qualifies Barnhardt to be QB coach?  I know it says he will be a grad assistant however I think he will be spending the brunt of time with our very valuable and YOUNG QBs.  Is this really the guy we want molding them?  A Div. 1AA QB with no college coaching experience.  

Yikes is all I have to say.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

What qualifies Barnhardt to be QB coach?  I know it says he will be a grad assistant however I think he will be spending the brunt of time with our very valuable and YOUNG QBs.  Is this really the guy we want molding them?  A Div. 1AA QB with no college coaching experience.  

He was a high school coach for a little while...

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

He won't be QB Coach, he will be a graduate assistant working with the QB's, and working with Smith.  In these circumstances Smith usually gives him marching orders when he can't be with the QB's, and Barnhardt would go and workout the QB's, and do as Smith instructed.  Often times Smith will be with Barnhardt working with the QB's (in fact it was a bit odd for Hobbie to be TE's coach and OC- it's more natural for the OC to be QB or RB coach, or to not hold a position at all).

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

our coaching is weak