• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Golf: Joaquin Niemann #1 in the WORLD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Joaco 1 down thru 16.

Joaco 1 down thru 17.

Joaco loses the match..

Tough draw for Joaco.

Hopefully he enrolls at USF.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Joaco's match was super intense.  No doubt he is a world class golfer. And he played smart like a veteran pro champion. His joints and back must be made out of super strength rubber bands with the powerful swing he has...600 yards on in two...no problema!

Well, it now looks like Niemann won't enroll at USF.

USF requires the TOEFL exam, an English language test, but UF does not. That is why Won Jun Lee ended up signing with UF! 

UNBELIEVEABLE,!!!

Niemann also did poorly on that test:

...While Thornberry, who also is the defending Haskins Award winner and tied for fourth at the PGA Tour’s FedEx St. Jude Classic in June, will return for his junior season at Ole Miss, Niemann has all but made up his mind: he doesn’t plan to attend the University of South Florida after all.

Niemann was previously slated to join the Bulls roster this fall, but he didn’t score very well on the TOEFL exam, an English-language test required by USF.

“I didn’t do so well,” Niemann said. “I don’t know if I’m going to take it again because I just want to play golf. I got to talk with a computer and make an essay. It’s hard for me that I don’t speak good English.”

Making Niemann’s decision easier was the success he’s had this year. He won the Junior Invitational at Sage Valley in April, qualified for the U.S. Open at Erin Hills and was T-29 at the Greenbrier. He feels as if he’s ready to make the jump and plans to play second stage of Web.com Tour Q-School later this year. (He’s exempt because he’s ranked No. 1 in the WAGR.)

“I played the U.S. Open and saw how the best guys weren’t so far past me,” Niemann said. “I thought they’d be from another planet. … But I want to play more tournaments on the PGA Tour and see how it goes.”

Niemann’s plans to pursue pro golf is the second big hit for the South Florida program this summer. Won Jun Lee, another highly ranked 2017 recruit who also lost in the Round of 64 on Wednesday, also did not score high enough on the TOEFL and decided to sign with the University of Florida, which does not require the test.

Lee is eligible to compete for the Gators this fall. As for Niemann, he has likely played his last event as an amateur golfer.

Read more at:  Joaquin Niemann eyes pro golf after U.S. Amateur loss to Braden Thornberry | Golfweek

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166

12 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Well, it now looks like Niemann won't enroll at USF.

USF requires the TOEFL exam, an English language test, but UF does not. That is why Won Jun Lee ended up signing with UF! 

UNBELIEVEABLE,!!!

Niemann also did poorly on that test:

...While Thornberry, who also is the defending Haskins Award winner and tied for fourth at the PGA Tour’s FedEx St. Jude Classic in June, will return for his junior season at Ole Miss, Niemann has all but made up his mind: he doesn’t plan to attend the University of South Florida after all.

Niemann was previously slated to join the Bulls roster this fall, but he didn’t score very well on the TOEFL exam, an English-language test required by USF.

“I didn’t do so well,” Niemann said. “I don’t know if I’m going to take it again because I just want to play golf. I got to talk with a computer and make an essay. It’s hard for me that I don’t speak good English.”

Making Niemann’s decision easier was the success he’s had this year. He won the Junior Invitational at Sage Valley in April, qualified for the U.S. Open at Erin Hills and was T-29 at the Greenbrier. He feels as if he’s ready to make the jump and plans to play second stage of Web.com Tour Q-School later this year. (He’s exempt because he’s ranked No. 1 in the WAGR.)

“I played the U.S. Open and saw how the best guys weren’t so far past me,” Niemann said. “I thought they’d be from another planet. … But I want to play more tournaments on the PGA Tour and see how it goes.”

Niemann’s plans to pursue pro golf is the second big hit for the South Florida program this summer. Won Jun Lee, another highly ranked 2017 recruit who also lost in the Round of 64 on Wednesday, also did not score high enough on the TOEFL and decided to sign with the University of Florida, which does not require the test.

Lee is eligible to compete for the Gators this fall. As for Niemann, he has likely played his last event as an amateur golfer.

Read more at:  Joaquin Niemann eyes pro golf after U.S. Amateur loss to Braden Thornberry | Golfweek

Unfreakingbelievable! I knew it was too good to be true! USF always finds a way to screw themselves. With Lee and Niemann our we probably would have a top 5 golf team.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791

Can't blame Nieman for going pro now...gotta go where the money is.  If he really wanted to attend USF he'd get in.  I wish him best of luck for his future.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Sucks for us but you gotta take the money when you can. He can always come back for the degree.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, TExpress said:

W .... T .... F

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:
3 hours ago, TExpress said:

W .... T .... F

Screwed again by the Academic Commitee!

Oh, wait...