• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Insider story

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN Insider has a story about South Florida as a CFP sleeper in 2017. I do not have an insider account, but if anyone does and would be willing to summarize its contents, I'm sure we'd all be interested.

Bill

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Long story short it said that our WR corps and RBs are capable of replacing Adams and Mack, we have a schedule that will give us a strong chance of going undefeated, and Strong will help the defense get better at tackling and getting off the field. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I lol'd. Good one beastie. Lot of things would have to happen for a G5 to make it.

I'm pretty happy about the attention we're getting, but it kinda kills me that they act like there will be no hiccup whatsoever with the transition to a new staff. I really hope the optimism becomes justified, but as good a fit as Strong is for us, and as much talent as we retained, it's still all new. If we DO run for a CC, it would be a truly amazing feat. If we went to CFP, Strong would surely get a statue. :lol:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

I am pretty sure we are not supposed to post things that are behind a paywall here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure about their wide receiver improvement reasoning.  I think Flowers QBR rating to the other receivers was higher because Adams provided a deep threat which help the other receivers get open.  Without the deep threat, there is tighter coverage and maybe not as many completions.   I'm sure the new offense will account for this and it won't be an issue.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

10 minutes ago, MMW said:

I am pretty sure we are not supposed to post things that are behind a paywall here.

ESPN insider is free for me... so the paywall was not breached.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My personal thoughts that I posted with the story:

Already booked a hotel in Atlanta for the Peach Bowl on New Years Eve. No way the P5 brokers will let us into the playoff hunt even with us running the table this season. Our toughest game OOC is Illinois. That's like playing the Big Ten version of the Little Sisters of the Poor.

USF's AD needs to drop their weak sauce opponent in Stony Brook on 9/2/2017, pay the buyout and then travel to face a team such as Miami, Pittsburgh, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas Tech, TCU, Kansas State, Baylor, Wash State, Oregon State or Oregon. Each of these schools are playing FCS schools that weekend at home. USF needs another quality opponent to beef up a very poor resume. Plain and simple.

Unfortunately USF will be on the outside looking in without figuring this situation out. This is by far the most talented group of players USF has had on their roster at any point in their history. And the coaching might not be too bad either (hoping Texas let go of Strong and company a year too soon).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

49 minutes ago, MMW said:

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

It's not, as far as I know.