• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Assistant Coach Expected To Take Over Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it  is ok

he will bomb and we will get rid of leavitt

what a bad move

this coach looks lost on the sidelines

it is time for leavitt to go

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

As an outsider, I just don't get this.  Franks is a proven offensive guy.  You almost wonder if Leavitt is concerned about giving Franks a chance just based on his own job security.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

0519usfcoach1.jpg

PRIVATE PYLE!!! WIPE THAT DISGUSTING GRIN OFF YOUR FACE...OR I WILL GOUGE OUT YOUR EYES AND SKULL^*&% YOU!!!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

As an outsider, I just don't get this.  Franks is a proven offensive guy.  You almost wonder if Leavitt is concerned about giving Franks a chance just based on his own job security.

Maybe Franks didn't want it.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

it is time for leavitt to go

Why?  Guys, I'm going to take a wait and see attitude.  While I'm not thrilled with the selection, I'm sure there's more to it than what we see.

Maybe, as Bien's said before, it wasn't coaching and it was talent at the QB position.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

???  Of all the people rumored in the past few weeks!!  This guy is in-experienced and IMO incompetent to serve as OC.  Leavitt stock just went down big time with this move.  This goes to show the program is not willing to pay the coaches salaries at least equal to a respectful Div I program or in par with the Big East.  No money no coaches.  No money no wins.  >:(

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242

I'm stunned.  My thoughts are CJL took the safe route because there is not enough time to implement a different or tweaked offensive scheme this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Positive Spin (??):

1) At least he's no longer dealing directly with the QBs... which means we might be able to bring someone in that knows how to teach a young QB...

2) This OC is familiar with the offense, which means no changes from the Spring Game... that makes it easier on the players...

3) He won't be on the sidelines anymore, so we can't see him signal plays to the players...

4) If the offense doesn't improve from last year [and truthfully I would be surprised], CJL has a ready-made scapegoat...

5) Franks can continue to be our recruiting coordinator... which may be more important to the future of our program.

----------------------

As for me, let's just say he would not have been my first choice.  That being said, he isn't Mike Hobbie ... so I am willing to give him this season to 'prove' that he can do a few things Hobbie couldn't:

- Adjust to the defense when the opposing team is able to stop what the offense is doing...

- Call plays that make sense for the down, distance, and yardline (3rd and 2 at our 35, let's try a 40 yard pass play!! Grrr.)

- When the offense can not execute a play successfully (i.e. for positive yardage), take it out of the play book for that game... (how many times did we lose yardage on WR screens last year?)

These were my faults with the departed Hobbie... and Smith will need to prove he understands these issues to be successful in my eyes.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

SC Bulls - A great deal of our problems have been our QBs and Smith was responsible for working with them one one one and developing them.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I'll support him until he proves me right.......however, I believe this is the worse hire USF has made since Tommy V.

Leavitt is putting his own job on the line with this hire.

YourBoss - I don't think your too far from the truth.