• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Willie stealing the recruits he cultivated on USF time...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I think it's pretty chivalrous of those who do what Rhule said he did .... but obviously he spoke to soon ... or maybe he meant "commit" instead of "target".

Jan. 7 was another notable day as the Bears nailed down commitments from four-star cornerback Harrison Hand from Cherry Hill, N.J., and three-star receiver R.J. Sneed from Cypress Ranch. Rhule and defensive backs coach Francis Brown had recruited Hand at Temple University, and convinced him to come to Baylor.

“I know I’ll fit in over there and Coach Rhule and Coach Fran (Brown), they’re just family to me,” Hand told the Courier-Post of South Jersey. “They’ve got my back and are going to do all they can to make me a better player. We connect. Fran and Coach Rhule, they’re great people.

Were those kids committed to Temple or just kids he was in contact with while at Temple?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Willie was always of questionable character. Many of us cheered him when he lacked sportsmanship or when AD had to step in about his foolish "off-limits" regions. Now, with clarity of him no longer being our coach we have become more united.

Anyone who would follow him we are probably better off (as a University) without. Be thankful Charlie is of much higher caliber.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

"I also think we close strong and people will look a bit silly in the end."

I hope you are correct about this...things are very quiet.

Things seem to be coming together though things change so quickly this time of the year. 

IMG_20170129_194742.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Were those kids committed to Temple or just kids he was in contact with while at Temple?

Hand had apparently been a target for years, The 5-foot-11 1/2, 183-pound Hand has been a top target for Matt Rhule, Francis Brown and company for years at Temple and the relationship carried over down to Waco.

Now this isn't the same as going after commits but Rhule obviously changed his mind, at least once, about not going after Temple targets.

45 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

Willie was always of questionable character. Many of us cheered him when he lacked sportsmanship or when AD had to step in about his foolish "off-limits" regions. Now, with clarity of him no longer being our coach we have become more united.

LOL ...

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Hand had apparently been a target for years, The 5-foot-11 1/2, 183-pound Hand has been a top target for Matt Rhule, Francis Brown and company for years at Temple and the relationship carried over down to Waco.

Now this isn't the same as going after commits but Rhule obviously changed his mind, at least once, about not going after Temple targets.

Temple targets vs. Temple commits is a pretty large gap.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

12 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Temple targets vs. Temple commits is a pretty large gap.

It absolutely is .... but just pointing out that Rhule apparently wasn't as chivalrous as he came across in that interview. A coach has to do what he has to do.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Coaches can still have class. Nothing forbids it.  Shame on Rhule if he backtracked. 

Meh. I'm totally fine with a coach poaching targets from one school to the other. What's a target? A guy you offered a scholarship to? A guy you visited at home? A guy you text everyone now and then? But if the guy committed to Temple and you went and stole him, that's a **** move. 

*Just clicked the link from your post after I wrote this. Temple wasn't even a choice for him. Rhule had just been chasing him while at Temple and he was down to Va Tech, Rutgers, and WVU.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1