• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Coaching Search

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,587
  • Days Won:  29

Budget ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I’m trying to understand how you can dismiss a man w/o doing any type of research.

because I can tell you all about Anthony Grant.

I mean, Stan Heath has an NCAA title as an asst under Izzo...took Kent State to an Elite Eight, and Arkansas to back-to-back NCAAs.

if you want another fired SEC coach, go for it...but it'll end the same.

Edited by UofMemphis
  • Upvote 1

that said...Anthony Grant > Orlando Antigua

I'm just saying that if you want to go re-read, give Murry Bartow a chance.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Biggest blunder?

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Redoing the SunDome?  Hiring Stan Heath?  I'm confused as well.  Probably talking about UCF beating us IIRC.

Maybe it wasn't real clear. Opening up that fine "new" facility with those garbage fans was a mistake, didn't matter the outcome. Not sure why he couldn't have gotten a lot more high profile opponent.

1 hour ago, UofMemphis said:

Stan Heath part 2?

If that would be the case, take him in a heartbeat .... hell, I'd take part 1 back.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

6 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

We thought a Calipari tree hire would be good.  It wasn't.

Antigua’s firing continues the trend of Calipari assistants not exactly flourishing as head coaches. Tony Barbee was fired after four seasons at Auburn in 2014 and Derek Kellogg has taken UMass to one NCAA tournament in nine seasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/south-florida-fires-orlando-antigua-after-two-plus-frustrating-seasons-173608094.html

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If that would be the case, take him in a heartbeat .... hell, I'd take part 1 back.

if that's the thought process, just stick with Bartow...he'll build a nice little program there. (like he did at ETSU)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I never thought the Calipari tree was good. He under coaches with obscene talent.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

if that's the thought process, just stick with Bartow...he'll build a nice little program there. (like he did at ETSU)

Comparing Bartow to Grant is kinda ridiculous. Bartow had a "nice little program" at ETSU with two regular season conference championships in twelve years. Grant was a star at VCU, winning the regular season conference championship each of the three years he was there.

Grant was a part of chamionships at Florida, is from the Miami area, and can sell NBA experience.

And he had Alabama 12-4 in the SEC and in the NIT championship in his second year. The wheels fell off after Lacey transferred, but he was hardly a disaster there.

He might not have the ceiling of some of the younger names being thrown around, but he's a better bet to turn the program around than Bartow.

24 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

2 minutes ago, HatterGator said:

Comparing Bartow to Grant is kinda ridiculous. Bartow had a "nice little program" at ETSU with two regular season conference championships in twelve years. Grant was a star at VCU, winning the regular season conference championship each of the three years he was there.

Grant was a part of chamionships at Florida, is from the Miami area, and can sell NBA experience.

And he had Alabama 12-4 in the SEC and in the NIT championship in his second year. The wheels fell off after Lacey transferred, but he was hardly a disaster there.

He might not have the ceiling of some of the younger names being thrown around, but he's a better bet to turn the program around than Bartow.

After checking, was going to post something similar. Bartow at ETSU was only a slightly better version of Seth here. If the choice is between those 2, I'd take Grant every time.