• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players who are leaving and 2017 decommits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Gismo said:

We gained one of Strong's guys, he is a bit flakey though. His name is Feasability Study.

I think he's a holdover from the Leavitt years who somehow continues to manage to get additional years of eligibility.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

Ivy going to a D2 school says he couldn't get his academic **** together. That's on him, not us.

And, dude was SLENDER.  I know we all want to hope for the next JPP, but he wasn't it...or even close.  That said, no ill will toward Ivy, as apparently he really wanted to be here.  For some of these guys, sadly, D1 isn't so easy.

4 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

We also dont know who Coach Strong is making phone calls to.  Remember its a dead period that is no personal contact.  I suspect we will know more once the dead period ends and we will see who is visiting when.

There seems to be a misunderstanding (by me, as recent as a week ago).  I always thought the dead period was no contact at all.   But apparently, it's no face to face meetings, at home or campus.  He can still be working like a fiend on players he feels he can pull, and likely is.  He may have asked his coaches:  who did we not chase as hard as we could because Taggart didn't think he can get him?  Do we still want him?

Every time I see a kid like Dunn leave, or the flakey dudes like Judson gush over "dream school" Oregon (yeah, right), I think that's thinning of the herd, and gives Strong some more slots to get "his guys" on the roster sooner.

I wish every kid trying to play at this level nothing but success...but I'm cool with most of these guys bolting.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

And, dude was SLENDER.  I know we all want to hope for the next JPP, but he wasn't it...or even close.  That said, no ill will toward Ivy, as apparently he really wanted to be here.  For some of these guys, sadly, D1 isn't so easy.

When it comes to recruits becoming the next JPP, one hand giveth and one hand taketh away.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

When it comes to recruits becoming the next JPP, one hand giveth and one hand taketh away.

:applause:

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

our class will be better than when cwt left. strong is a better recruiter than cwt.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

7 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If there are any real take aways from the Ivy situation is it's best not to point fingers.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Too soon?:lmao:

1 hour ago, MMW said:

If there are any real take aways from the Ivy situation is it's best not to point fingers.

As the saying now goes, when you're pointing the finger, there are 2 more pointed back at you!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, smazza said:

our class will be better than when cwt left. strong is a better recruiter than cwt.

I'm not sure he improves it this year, given the tight time & that we may lose as 5 or more (the 2 that decommitted, and 3 that Taggart is wooing).

Ideally Strong can upgrade those.  I think Taggart has more of the "loose, cool factor", but Strong has more of a tough, let's win now approach.  I certainly hope he brings back that tough D we've lacked during the Holtz/Taggart era.  Though it sure is fun watching this team score 40+...it'd just be more fun if the other guys weren't scoring a ton, too.

• Upvote 2