• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ethics vs. Ca$h

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

I understand. :)

About the sensitivity around the recruits and potential new hire.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I mean the guys who have decommited don't have Oregon offers. Taggart doesn't just all of a sudden hand them an offer and convince them to play on the other coast; after he convinced them to stay nearby at usf. Most of the guys just want answers. Judson won a huge game last night, I'm sure he was congratulating him.

^

You missed earlier reporting that he was in contact with him in thearly morning even before USF players...

Bruce is gonna be a duck.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Cash rules everything around me. 

Ever do community work?

Help a friend?

Coach a group of kindergartners or high school kids?

How about tell a neighbor you'll help him with his garage door?

Do you help people at work? Do you lead a team?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

1. I respect Willie for wanting to compete at the highest level and see what he can do. The goal of being the first black coach to win a National Title is a great aspiration. But, winning an AAC title first would have been a good first step.

2. There is a fine line with business and ethical decisions. Going after Charlie Strong is a **** move. Period. Burning bridges is bad business. Karma is a ***** and the business Gods have a way of handling these things. 

3. I think he is over his head at Oregon and will fail. He's not ready for that job. A good business man knows his limitations. He is chasing the money and I believe he will bomb at Oregon. He signed a 5 year deal here and didn't even finish the first year. He accomplished nothing. If he was as confident as he represents himself to be, he'd have stayed here and finished the job he started. Win a conference championship before you think you are ready for a National Championship.

4. My emotions have run the gamut. I was REALLY bummed when I heard the news that he was leaving. Then I wanted to wish him well and be grateful for getting us back on the map and stocking the cupboards with some great talent. Now...I'm getting a bit angry realizing he was a lot of smoke and no fire. Zero loyalty to USF. 

5. Next man up. Bring on Charlie Strong! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

taggart gave us our best year and best players.of course he will leave to greener pastures.i do not fault him but i am a man of the world.

he left the cupboard full

leavitt hits a kid and is fired and good portion of you want him back

this is a hard racket to figure out

i love the topic ethics and cash.i have been struggling with this issue since SECOND grade when i was trading baseball cards

usf will be fine and the program will improve

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Cream het the money. dollar dollar bills ya'll 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

16 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

I have no problem with Taggart trying to recruit kids he has been after for us or going after Strong. 

Let's be honest, we expect any new coach we bring in to bring in recruits he had been after in his previous job. Taggart is doing the job he was hired to do. I have no problem with that. 

Having read some of the comments by Taggart and USF efforts to retain him, I believe Taggart going to Oregon was more about competing at the highest level than the cash. I respect him for that. I also am starting to believe he really was not sold on the longer term prospects for USF. At least since the B12 deal fell through. 

This. 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Is it unethical? Of course. Is it out of character for most coaching departures? Absolutely. Surprised or upset? Of course not.

We championed a coach that defied conventional sportsmanship. We think now that he has moved on that behavior should change? Wish him the best - doubtful we would want anyone who would follow him to attend our school anyway.