• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple has already reached out to Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, KB said:

Welcome to the board.  Is Temple still thinking about an OCS?   Any movement there?

OCS looks very bad moving forward.  Next year is just ND and after that the Owls start series with Maryland, Rutgers, and BC.  Then in the 2020s there's a series with Oklahoma.  No reason to have a good OCS anymore for both of our schools because we know you can just be Western Michigan and go undefeated playing absolute trash and you go to the NY6.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361

Wow! CWT  announced yesterday that he was leaving. Temple has been searching for a coach for over a week. To expect USF to have all of his ducks in a row in hiring a new coach in one day is ridiculous. there is no doubt that they were preparing  for this and had some ideas but it's going to take a couple of days to execute. And I for one want to make sure that they make a well-thought-out decision. USF is in the same spot they were When CJL got fired having a solid team, recruiting on the upswing and a bright future. I am confident nobody wants to go through another Holtz  debacle.  So unless they absolutely know 100% who that guy is I'm all for them not making a rash decision. 

2 minutes ago, Bear said:

I actually agree with you on this one...

I have a lot of respect for Temple. Rhule was a great coach.

I have a lot of respect for USF and their fans as well.  Of the in-conference fans I've communicated with you guys are by far the most knowledgeable and civil.  I just wish more Temple fans would start hating ECU as much as I do.  I do think you guys have a real good chance at landing a big name coach.  I think Temple gets stuck elevating one of their assistants.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

5 minutes ago, sammyscimeca said:

OCS looks very bad moving forward.  Next year is just ND and after that the Owls start series with Maryland, Rutgers, and BC.  Then in the 2020s there's a series with Oklahoma.  No reason to have a good OCS anymore for both of our schools because we know you can just be Western Michigan and go undefeated playing absolute trash and you go to the NY6.

Yup.  Everything OCS related hinged on the P5 invite. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, sammyscimeca said:

I have a lot of respect for USF and their fans as well.  Of the in-conference fans I've communicated with you guys are by far the most knowledgeable and civil.  I just wish more Temple fans would start hating ECU as much as I do.  I do think you guys have a real good chance at landing a big name coach.  I think Temple gets stuck elevating one of their assistants.

Seems like Schiano would be a great fit for you guys.  Similar systems, his old stomping/recruiting grounds, etc

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, sammyscimeca said:

What do you think about the idea of Schiano being head coach at Temple?

6 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

What do you think about the idea of Schiano being head coach at Temple?

I've only talked about Schiano with my buddies who I have season tix with.  I know he left a bad taste in Tampa fans mouths but I think he would be a solid hire.  He's a defensive minded guy who resurrected Rutgers briefly.  I'm sure he does have recruiting ties in the area still and he was a former coach at Penn State, and Temple has had a good record with Penn State guys.  I'd be ok with giving him a shot as head coach why not?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, sammyscimeca said:

I know he left a bad taste in Tampa fans mouths 

He also left MRSA in the Bucs' locker room.  Very surprised none of the USF players that year came down with it.  

#neverSchiano

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

He also left MRSA in the Bucs' locker room.  Very surprised none of the USF players that year came down with it.  

#neverSchiano

Schiano is the MRSA patient zero?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, sammyscimeca said:

I've only talked about Schiano with my buddies who I have season tix with.  I know he left a bad taste in Tampa fans mouths but I think he would be a solid hire.  He's a defensive minded guy who resurrected Rutgers briefly.  I'm sure he does have recruiting ties in the area still and he was a former coach at Penn State, and Temple has had a good record with Penn State guys.  I'd be ok with giving him a shot as head coach why not?

Would be a bad fit for USF but I think actually a good hire for Temple if it happened.