• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you think of Lane Kiffin?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

anybody mention calvin magee yet?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

And who is that if Willie leaves? 

I wish there was a local guy who had connections to the university that was waiting for a shot at a HC position... maybe this guy would have SEC coaching on his resume, and would have done really well at a short stint at an in state school. But obviously no one like that exists, right?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Just now, 2000bull said:

anybody mention calvin magee yet?

Yep ..... somebody always mentions Calvin Magee. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

And who is that if Willie leaves? 

CWT doesn't leave.

If he wanted out, he would've taken that SC job last year.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

3 minutes ago, fla331boy said:

CWT doesn't leave.

If he wanted out, he would've taken that SC job last year.

it's hard to take a job you were never offered...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

Just now, goldenbrahm1996 said:

it's hard to take a job you were never offered...

Do we know what was discussed within that meeting with the AD?

Who knows he was never offered?

And besides, the whole Holtz name sure put butts in seats too.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7

20 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

This may be a short sighted view, but I think capitalizing on our opportunity to do amazing things next year should be our number one priority, and I think Kiffin would be perfect for that. I think he'd be able to step in and allow the offense to flourish. He wouldn't be here for more than 2 or 3 years, but if he can transition smoothly and go 11-1/12-0 with a conf. champ and a Peach bowl birth next year, I'll gladly help him pack his bags on the way out. I just still feel like he thinks way too highly of himself to ever come here.

That is about as good as I would have put it. Obviously we all hope that Taggart stays for one more year to capitalize on the talent that returns but if he doesn't, I would take Kiffin for at least a year. We all know USF would not be Kiffin's end goal but if we can benefit by having someone with a good offensive mind to take advantage of the best USF offense in history, then I will put aside my feelings for him.

If you look at what Kiffin has done with the Bama QB's since his arrival, it is pretty remarkable. Blake Sims was a RB converted into a QB and he has one of the best years for a Bama QB. Then Coker started the year rough and was solid through the end and the playoffs to lead them to a NC. He has also taken a true FR QB this year and made him look pretty good. I know Bama has elite talent all around the field but they also play significantly better defenses week in and week out than USF plays. Some may think the SEC is overrated but I think their defenses are solid (LSU, Florida, Auburn, etc.). Some Bama fans hate how Lane is too "cute" with his playcalls, with jet sweeps and tosses, rather than running it down people's throats as in the old traditional Bama days. I think his style would fit USF's current roster and skill set and I think he can make QF as efficient or more so next year. All in all he has taken 3 first year QBs and made them look like anything but a first year starter. Again they have elite talent all over the field but the same can be said for LSU (look at their RBs and WRs in the NFL - Beckham, Landry, Hill, soon to be Fournette) and their QBs have been awful - which leads me to coaching.

I also think Lane would be more interested in the USF job than Houston because of the talent we are returning. He wants to be a HC at the P5 level and coming to USF with a ton of talent returning puts him in a better spot to win big and possibly land that big job the following year. 

I am not sure who else I would like USF to go after if CWT leaves but I think we can definitely do worse than Lane Kiffin.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

Just now, USF Bulls Football said:

Can somebody explain what they like about Lane??? 

Explosive Offense and Recruiting

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Can somebody explain what they like about Lane??? 

Name and offensive knowledge. I don't buy it. We need to make the right hire, which isn't always the splashiest one. Pass on this assclown

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1