• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Change the AAC Championship format ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

If I'm reading this right, total bullcrap. The first tiebreaker should always and forever be the head to head competition if records are tied ..... especially if you're just talking about divisions. College football is ****** up enough without totally ignoring that.

Well college conferences should not care about how you feel when it comes to tiebreakers. Getting the NY6 BOWL is all that should matter, and the best way to do that is absolutely to have the higher ranked team get tie breakers. And I think Aresco should have a say in how to run the conference, or push to change rules like the big 12 did

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Well college conferences should not care about how you feel when it comes to tiebreakers. Getting the NY6 BOWL is all that should matter, and the best way to do that is absolutely to have the higher ranked team get tie breakers. And I think Aresco should have a say in how to run the conference, or push to change rules like the big 12 did

It's pretty obvious if this didn't favor USF, then you wouldn't be complaining about this ridiculous rule change. Temple beat us head to head, so they deserve to be in if they win this Saturday.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, Carolina_Bull said:

Do not blame fans for attendance.  Fans in attendance are customers and customers are always right.

The product is worthless.  As long as we play in the Generican where the games are meaningless, attendance will be garbage.

Wait, what?

3 minutes ago, CPR said:

It's pretty obvious if this didn't favor USF, then you wouldn't be complaining about this ridiculous rule change. Temple beat us head to head, so they deserve to be in if they win this Saturday.

No you're obviously not reading then. Why would you not want an AAC team in the CCG or NY6 game if all you had to do was change he tie breakers rules

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Houston this year reminds me of USF circa 2006-2009 or so.  They win the big games against highly ranked teams but choke in-conference.  Sucks, but it's the world we live in.  Gotta win your conference games.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Carolina_Bull said:

Do not blame fans for attendance.  Fans in attendance are customers and customers are always right.

The product is worthless.  As long as we play in the Generican where the games are meaningless, attendance will be garbage.

46 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Wait, what?

I think he means that the fans aren't at fault if the product is not worth buying

And BTW, customers are decidedly NOT always right. But they always ARE the customer

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

I think he means that the fans aren't at fault if the product is not worth buying

Then they're not, by definition, fans ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Well college conferences obviously already feel the same way I do when it comes to tie breakers ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Then they're not, by definition, fans ...

^ This

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Well college conferences obviously already feel the same way I do when it comes to tie breakers ...

P5 conferences don't care what their champs are ranked, because their winners get tie ins no matter what. The AAC is in new territory in the fact that it's champion needs to have a high ranking in order to get that same tie in, not just the title. I don't know if you're being dense or what, but you have to admit that getting a team to the biggest stage HAS to be the primary goal of any commissioner, or he isn't doing his job. 

So no, it has nothing to do with my bias for USF, I sincerely think for the good of this conference it should change. Instead, casual fans will see it as a crappy MAC team is better than all the AAC teams, which we all know isn't true. 

• Downvote 1