• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow the Times really does give USF no love

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

In South Florida...none of the papers give USF any attention. If we are mentioned it is in the "other" sports news. However, Miami, UF, FSU & UCF have dedicated articles every Sunday morning. What did USF do to the press that they hate us so much?

patented late-season collapse, most likely. Why write about a team that's just going to fold once they get into conference play?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, charsibb said:

patented late-season collapse, most likely. Why write about a team that's just going to fold once they get into conference play?

But write about a team that has taken the doughnut twice in lesser conferences?

Hilarious

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

30 minutes ago, Brad said:

But write about a team that has taken the doughnut twice in lesser conferences?

Hilarious

Yeah,

that one's a head-scratcher

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

58 minutes ago, bullsonparade said:

FSU didn't get their story into the Sunday paper either because of the start time

Everybody must get different editions. Mine has an almost FULL PAGE picture and the headline "MIDNIGHT MADNESS"  with a Gator column on the bottom.

I've canceled my subscription with them, but they just keep sending them. I guess they'll figure that out someday.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

They'll bring in some consultants and ultimately find it's good for the company to "fix the glitch".

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

In South Florida...none of the papers give USF any attention. If we are mentioned it is in the "other" sports news. However, Miami, UF, FSU & UCF have dedicated articles every Sunday morning. What did USF do to the press that they hate us so much?

I think we have more people that go to ucf here as it is right up the turnpike at least that is my anecdotal view.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

All of you are making an issue out of this...the writers are at risk of missing the cut off at print time for a late game...in this instance they aren't out to get or just blowing USF off here...Joey and Jeff both had multiple articles up regarding the game, but it was online because it missed print time...same with the FSU game...my paper had nothing about the FSU game in it except a story about a player that had nothing to do with the game 

Edited by bullsonparade

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

That being said I asked Joey if an extention is ever granted to get the stories in for print the next day...he directed me to another gentleman and said it was out of his hands 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Is this really a big deal? How many people read the actual paper anymore? I know I get every USF football article from the Tampa papers a day before they are actually printed. The best part is that I don't even see articles on those other three schools. Further, I hear at least two USF football pod casts, coaches show, press conferences, etc. Hell, if anything I am overdosing on USF football. Of course I understand the exposure aspect to casual fans but a sports page will only do so much in that area. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

So, you got the article about Friday night's game on Friday morning!!  There was a TV program about that phenomenon called "Early Edition".

Yes, I do. Joey Knight publishes his articles the day before on line. Of course I wish that included the stock market results.