• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Navy Fans are pretty cool and humble people. They are laughing at our comments about losing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

When we left the Navy game last year, my first comment was:  man, ALL these fans are cool & gracious.  It's hard to be mad losing to Navy.  I was upset at losing, but the Navy team & fans were first class all the way.

I hope we outscore them Friday night, and right OUR ship.  Then, I'll be hoping CIncy beats Temple.  Time for Gunner Kiel to create a legacy.

Two things I remember from leaving the game after we loss.  First, was the singing of the Navy alma mater. That was really something to see and here. Second, as I was leaving the stadium all of the students from Navy were walking out towards the parking lot to go to various tent parties. Many said "good game" and "return home safely" to me. I think they have it figured out, unlike many of us who are too obsessed, it  is just a stupid football game and there are many greater things that are important.  Such class from these students who will be protecting us very soon. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I went on the Navy Blog http://www.scout.com/college/navy/forums/2434-gomidshipmen/15080546-get-ready-for-south-florida?page=2 and they are having a field day at the negative yet hilarious comments we are making about our own team. Most of them seem confident they can beat us, but they are not ripping our team. Besides disliking the point spread they are baffled by how rough we are being on our team. 

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Whether we win or lose, Navy fans have earned my respect as being some pretty cool fans. I don't even think they have fully accepted that they are a good team. 

Those quotes are hilarious! I am proud of our board's comedic takes. The funny thing is that I recognize all of those. None of mine made it which is telling.

4 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Do we storm the field if we pull the upset?

Are we favored to win? It would be funny to rush the field if we are favored to win.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think they have it figured out, unlike many of us who are too obsessed, it  is just a stupid football game and there are many greater things that are important.

Great point.  Please recall this regardless of the outcome of our remaining games.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Great point.  Please recall this regardless of the outcome of our remaining games.

Nope, can't do it. I know I have a problem as I eat, sleep, during USF football. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I went on the Navy Blog http://www.scout.com/college/navy/forums/2434-gomidshipmen/15080546-get-ready-for-south-florida?page=2 and they are having a field day at the negative yet hilarious comments we are making about our own team. Most of them seem confident they can beat us, but they are not ripping our team. Besides disliking the point spread they are baffled by how rough we are being on our team. 

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Whether we win or lose, Navy fans have earned my respect as being some pretty cool fans. I don't even think they have fully accepted that they are a good team. 

Any of that from here?  I guess work has really slowed me.  I see no Publix or OCS references so I am prone to doubt its validity. 

4 hours ago, ShkNBake said:

The quotes are all from this forum in your

"Watching the Navy Game..." topic.

Navy has a brief history vs your coach, and we respect him a lot.  We usually beat his teams, but now, in TheAmerican, with the talent he can recruit for USF, he brings a sobering level of competition against us and we know it.  It doesn't mean that we alumni will be sober watching the game on TV tonight.

The saddest part of this game is that we won't play USF again for three years unless we meet in TheAmerican Championship game.

We are use to being smaller, slower and a bit less athletic than our opponents.  Though, our recruiting has improved greatly in recent years.  Navy takes "winning" very seriously.  In our real job/business winning and taking care of our brothers is kind of important.  So you can expect our best effort.  Such is the nature of a game with Navy.  

We have been blessed with great coaches that embrace our mission and really take personal ownership of developing our players and winning.  Our coaches have earned great devotion by Navy players and fans.  We know how fortunate we have been.

Our greatest rivalry is obviously Army.  We have great respect and admiration with our brothers in that rivalry, but we will do anything to fairly beat them on the field.  I only offer this because Navy is one of the few potential great rivalry teams that USF may face, where genuine mutual respect can strengthen the game.  We know how to do that.  

You might also appreciate that the Navy football offices are closed on Sunday.  Players, coaches and staff spend the day with their other responsibilities (family, friends,  etc).  Even on a short turnaround week for us . . . like this one . . . Accordingly,I think you will confront some clear headed fierce competition.  

I shall drink to a great game with no injuries.

Great post! I'm hyped. I also wish we played each other every year. I wish we could swap out and place Cincy in the west and drop Navy in the east. Our fan base would really look forward to this game each year.

Oh also, Brad was making fun of us in the post above. We tend to endlessly debate the merits of an on campus stadium (with photoshopped satellite images) and the joys of Publix subs to veer a topic off course. Or just because we should have an OCS and Publix subs are amazing.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I shall drink to a great game with no injuries.

I'll drink to that. I have this one and their IPA for tonight.

?format=1500w

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Navy fans and supporters do have it figured out.  This board is comedic relief, there is no insight here.  I hope people take it for what it is. Good banter, comedy and emotional bull fans.

Go Bulls!