• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Philly Beat Down, But Far From Out - Go Bulls!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

It isn't player talent, it is on the angles they are taking, while not having enough beef up front (Maybe we should run with more LBs? But what do we know). Multiple times, I would see the corners not sealing off the edge even though there was no WR on the edge (so that is your job Ward and Nichols!! Especially on runs!) Danny Thomas was making me just as angry as Auggie. So were the D ends. Just bad day overall. Block shedding drills all week, and start eating more. Cecil Cherry better be on the field popping heads if we want a shot vs Navy

Really need Hoggins and Abraham to be healthy. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Best chance is to blow up plays in the backfield. Hope J Thomas is ready to roll, he's definitely one of our best chances to blow stuff up ;)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

On 10/22/2016 at 7:58 AM, Bausfkid said:

"We've got to do a better job of just tackling and putting our guys in position to make the plays," he said. "Making sure we've got the right guys in there that's gonna make the play. It all goes back on me."

Sounds like some starters will be watching vs. Navy.  I know two LBs that need to step up.

Go Bulls!

Part of the problem is, we should have had 3 LBs against Temple.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have a sneaky feeling that the defense is going to step up this week. Don't know if it will be enough but I don't think we're going to see what we saw last week.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have a sneaky feeling that the defense is going to step up this week. Don't know if it will be enough but I don't think we're going to see what we saw last week.

We better or we may not win another game this season,  Navy is Navy and will be tough for any healthy team to beat,  UCF Is playing much better and will be Jacked for our game esp after last season. Memphis is no cake walk either, (could go either way) and SMU just put Houston( the cream of the conference In their place).

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Dhambuc said:

We better or we may not win another game this season,  Navy is Navy and will be tough for any healthy team to beat,  UCF Is playing much better and will be Jacked for our game esp after last season. Memphis is no cake walk either, (could go either way) and SMU just put Houston( the cream of the conference In their place).

All of these teams, except Navy, had a great week last week but are not that great. We still should beat them. Eight wins very possible but nine can be achieved. No way I am buying into SMU just because  they caught a flyer and beat and unmotivated Houston team. As for UCF I  and very comfortable with this win with game being played at home.  Last, Navy is not nearly as effective on the road as they are at home. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Any given night.  Just ask Houston and Ohio State.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/21/2016 at 11:52 PM, Bausfkid said:

Funny, I watched every play from the 50 yard line (14 rows up) and didn't see Raymond Woodie take a snap on D.  Must of missed him.  I did see the defense tackle poorly and often out of place. 

Just couldn't stop the run.  When does the player take accountability?  Pretty easy to put it on the boss I guess.  Wasn't my fault generation at work. At some point the captains on D (AS and NH) need to say hey, it's on us and we need to be better. 

Go Bulls!

I agree!

We couldn't make a tackle all night.

Wrap up and tackle some one for the love of GOD please!

Too much of that shoulder bump trying to "knock" ball carriers down.

How do we over play every play is beyond me.

Never have I ever seen some many plays on defense where we just ran past the play and the guy cuts back to move the chains down after down.

All out that was a terrible showing on the field.

Have to get a lot better in a few days or Navy sets a record rushing night on us.