• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The game of FB needs to evolve

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I played soccer for 10 years and still love the sport, but I've seen some pretty horrific leg injuries in soccer. I guess injuries are a part of every sport if you play it long enough. That video was hilarious!!! Professional soccer players are the worst with flopping, the NBA is right behind them. 

Concussions are a huge issue in youth soccer.

The diving in soccer is bad, but in a sport where the average professional runs like 8 miles over 90 minutes, basically once a week for 10 months, you can understand why they will hit the dirt and catch a breather.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Bull-Hornz said:

I am not so sure that the college FB fully comprehends or understand how to evaluate the risk-reward ratio. 

While there is always the risk of injury in all sports (such as a 100 mph projectile striking you in the face) the risk of life altering injuries is most likely orders of magintude lower in all the sports you mentioned above.

Without a doubt the risk of major brain injuries is lower in other sports, but you really think college football players don't realize the risk they are taking? I think a lot of them see football as their only way to get out of their neighborhood and improve their life. I just hope they get their degree without suffering permanent damage. 

What bothers me the most is seeing elementary school aged kids playing tackle football...imo they really should be playing flag football until high school. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Concussions are a huge issue in youth soccer.

The diving in soccer is bad, but in a sport where the average professional runs like 8 miles over 90 minutes, basically once a week for 10 months, you can understand why they will hit the dirt and catch a breather.

Without a doubt I understand it, but geez just fake a cramp or something. Some of the games I've seen lately players look like they got shot by a sniper...rolling around faking agony, just to get up and be fine 20 seconds later. 

I totally agree concussions in youth soccer as well as youth football are huge issues. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

An easy way to stop fake injuries is to make a rule that says if your injury stops the clock or stops play, then you have to sit out the rest of that half.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Without a doubt the risk of major brain injuries is lower in other sports, but you really think college football players don't realize the risk they are taking? I think a lot of them see football as their only way to get out of their neighborhood and improve their life. I just hope they get their degree without suffering permanent damage. 

What bothers me the most is seeing elementary school aged kids playing tackle football...imo they really should be playing flag football until high school. 

I 100% believe that most do not. Moreover I would say a majority are not equipped to properly care out the analysis.

The time demand of being a CFB at some where like USF is extremely high, and while some can get a degree in an area that can lead to a promising professional career many, and I will go out on a limb and say most, do not. 

2 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

I 100% believe that most do not. Moreover I would say a majority are not equipped to properly care out the analysis.

The time demand of being a CFB at some where like USF is extremely high, and while some can get a degree in an area that can lead to a promising professional career many, and I will go out on a limb and say most, do not. 

Yeah unfortunately I agree with you, most probably pick easy majors with little job potential. Maybe it's time the NFL makes a minor league system like most sports? Let the really gifted football players go straight from high school to a developmental system like baseball does. I think collegiate atheletes should be real students who actually want to get a degree. I'd say a decent portion of our players see school as a burden and something they have to do, not want to do. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

After years of study I have figured it out

IMG_0202.JPG

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

IMG_0202.JPG

:roflmao:

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

IMG_0202.JPG

Just think of all the leg injuries!!!! Haha 

UT player being taken off on a stretcher after a helmet to helmet hit. They have his neck immobilized. Hate to see injuries like this.