• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 10 Basketball Recruits (AAC schools)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He was asking about BCSH, rather than FCSH. 

Doh.  I saw the name Skip Holtz and ran with it. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Then let me be clear. COA's first two years have been a disaster. He has been unable to retain our better players, he has a 16-48 record against Division I schools, the program is reportedly under an academic fraud investigation, and there is no evidence to point to a turnaround this season.

By retaining Antigua Harlan is compounding the problem not solving it. Get this clown out of here.

I really don't read much more than about 10% of what you say in any given post, so it's sort of a moot point.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Then let me be clear. COA's first two years have been a disaster. He has been unable to retain our better players, he has a 16-48 record against Division I schools, the program is reportedly under an academic fraud investigation, and there is no evidence to point to a turnaround this season.

By retaining Antigua Harlan is compounding the problem not solving it. Get this clown out of here.

Nobody's said his first two years weren't a disaster. If the fraud investigation was at the point where it was really serious, he probably would be gone. CWT ended his second year with the first home shutout in history, and to a rival. Firing COA now would accomplish nothing other than add another coach to the list of ones we're paying to not coach.  Most AD's aren't stupid enough to fire a coach after just 2 years unless there are some more than dire circumstances ..... and with the state that USFBB has been in perennially, it's not like another bad year will really mean a whole lot.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

You make a lot of sense Triple B. My frustration is that as I get older I worry (probably too strong of a word) that I am running out of years to see this thing turned around, and would hate to see another wasted year that seems inevitable under COA.

Having said that, everything you said is right.

Oh gawd, don't tell him stuff like this. His head's big enuf already!!!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

You make a lot of sense Triple B. My frustration is that as I get older I worry (probably too strong of a word) that I am running out of years to see this thing turned around, and would hate to see another wasted year that seems inevitable under COA.

Having said that, everything you said is right.

Honestly, I'd be amazed if it it ever gets really turned around. The emotional support for USFBB just hasn't really been there since football started up. We got zero bump from the best year in the history of the program and a revitalized Sun Dome. I've pretty much braced myself for just pockets of goodness and hope that CSH has set the bar for those pockets a little higher ... but I'm not sure if COA will be able to have one of those pockets. Losing Baxter and Feliz was huge, for this year, and more importantly, a couple of years from now. Hopefully he can somehow replace them and I think his 2017 recruiting could be a major factor in Harlan's decision no matter what happens on the court this year. I just hope that something miraculously happens this year so that we're not having to go back to square one in 2017. I'm not getting any younger either and would like to see at least one more pocket.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

Wishing Steve Masiello would have made it here.  For a coach to succeed here we need someone who can make players better than they are because of the system. We have to excel with less.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Wishing Steve Masiello would have made it here.  For a coach to succeed here we need someone who can make players better than they are because of the system. We have to excel with less.

He may be available the next time around ..... although if he is, that could be a bad sign.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

What bothers me, is that for COA -

USF is really a great opportunity for him to build a great legacy. All the tools are there...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

40 minutes ago, Bear said:

All the tools are there...

The facilities are top-notch. The fan, season ticket holder, and donor support is not. The same issue with football is amplified even more with basketball. Just as Trips mentioned in his post, I thought that post-2012 and Sun Dome renovation, the support would be there. Putrid post-2012 basketball and chaos has killed that hope.  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

The facilities are top-notch. The fan, season ticket holder, and donor support is not. The same issue with football is amplified even more with basketball. Just as Trips mentioned in his post, I thought that post-2012 and Sun Dome renovation, the support would be there. Putrid post-2012 basketball and chaos has killed that hope.  

I understand that Florida is a football state, AND USF has been abysmal (after that limited success)...

but what is holding us back? How do we compare to our other counterparts?

It takes a lot less effort to get basketball going (a la FGCU)