• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

lack of communication between USF and RJS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Anyone else have any issues today trying to get a cup of ice during the game to stay hydrated?   USF sent out the email this am about game day. It was super hot and humid today.   I took my mother to the game, tried to get her and a gentleman sitting next to me some  ice so that they Could do just as recommended and stay hydrated.  I spent 20 minutes going from concession stand to concession stand to ask for some ice and ALL  said they were told not to give out the cups of ice. I showed them the email and they responded others had as well but they were instructed not to give it out.  So wondering where the break down in communication was.     Here was a portion of the email Free cups of ice will be provided to all fans at the concession stands during Saturday's game courtesy of Aramark. Water fountains are also available throughout the stadium on each level. Fans are encouraged to properly hydrate for Saturday's game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I can't imagine why cups of ice wouldn't be free as a normal practice. But ray Jay is always weird.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

I can't imagine why cups of ice wouldn't be free as a normal practice. But ray Jay is always weird.

fyi... You can sign up as a designated driver at any RayJay event and you get a free soda.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  186
  • Days Won:  0

What pissed me off today is we entered in Gate B and tried to walk across the plaza behind the north end zone to get to our seats in 206 like we always do and they wouldn't let us in that area unless we had a student ID.  So we had to walk around the entire perimeter of the stadium to get to our section?  WTF is that?

Raymond James stadium annoys me beyond belief, especially with the whole bottle cap ridiculousness.  I got a hot dog, fries and water for my son, try carrying that back to your seat with no cap on the water.  Luckily I brought my own caps!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106

My experience varies. They usually take off the caps and keep them. Today, I bought two-liters of water, both were capped. Another time, the person uncapped but let me keep the cap at my request. It just seems like the volunteers don't really care.

I know they aren't supposed to let people have the cap, but it's very annoying so I'm going to start bringing my own caps too.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, Dhambuc said:

Anyone else have any issues today trying to get a cup of ice during the game to stay hydrated?   USF sent out the email this am about game day. It was super hot and humid today.   I took my mother to the game, tried to get her and a gentleman sitting next to me some  ice so that they Could do just as recommended and stay hydrated.  I spent 20 minutes going from concession stand to concession stand to ask for some ice and ALL  said they were told not to give out the cups of ice. I showed them the email and they responded others had as well but they were instructed not to give it out.  So wondering where the break down in communication was.     Here was a portion of the email Free cups of ice will be provided to all fans at the concession stands during Saturday's game courtesy of Aramark. Water fountains are also available throughout the stadium on each level. Fans are encouraged to properly hydrate for Saturday's game.

Stop complaining, when you are guest in someone else's stadium you do what you are told!

***Thread hijacked, let the OCS talk begin***

:) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

Stop complaining, when you are guest in someone else's stadium you do what you are told!

***Thread hijacked, let the OCS talk begin***

:) 

I bet we will have the option of crushed, cubed or shaved ice in the OCS. It's going to be glorious!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Dogma said:

fyi... You can sign up as a designated driver at any RayJay event and you get a free soda.

Hummm I don't drink at the games I need to look into that, thanks

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

The Amway in Orlando does the same. Its amazing to me that there isnt some sort of extortion law violated when they are able to refuse free tap water/ice, and turn around and charge a 500% markup on any beverage in the building. Heck, on a day like yesterday you probably even hit the criteria for price gouging.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  117

Anyone else notice that they let EVERYONE into the club at halftime?  They didn't even try to ask people to see their tickets!!  Then when I tried to go inside during the 3rd quarter I had to dig my ticket out.  Why do we pay extra for club access when they will let everyone in?

• Upvote 1