• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unofficial AAC / Other Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I honestly think this loss will motivate the team to practice even harder. Listening to the players after the game they seemed motivated to get the conference championship. FSU has amazing players and depth...none of the teams we will be playing have the talent and depth of FSU. 

Well, Houston is better than Florida State, but that is only if we make it to the CCG

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, Bullinchinashop said:

Plus FSU coaches are probably 5 times better then all of our coaches at all positions.    In college great coaches and good QB and RB goes a long way.  

I think the QB for FSU will be their downfall, he isn't very good. If we had any sort of run defense the game would have been different.

You're right their coaching staff is way better than ours. I like cwt, but would trade for Jimbo anytime. The budget they have for quality assistant coaches is also way more than what we have. They spent 4.28 million on assistant coaches this year. They have the 5th highest paid coach and 7th highest paid assistants. 

2 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Well, Houston is better than Florida State, but that is only if we make it to the CCG

They were better than FSU last year in a bowl game. I guess we can't say their are better this year unless they somehow play each other. 

Guest PCBull14

We will make it to the CCG and lay the beat down on Houston. Oklahoma is proving to be pretty terrible and I hate to say it, but this FSU team could find itself back in the ACC title game. 

7 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

We will make it to the CCG and lay the beat down on Houston. Oklahoma is proving to be pretty terrible and I hate to say it, but this FSU team could find itself back in the ACC title game. 

Dalvin Cook could carry this team to the acc title game by himself. Yes we tackled like crap, but Cook is probably the best running back we have ever played against. He could be starting in the NFL right now. 

Guest PCBull14
Just now, Rex Havoc said:

Dalvin Cook could carry this team to the acc title game by himself. Yes we tackled like crap, but Cook is probably the best running back we have ever played against. He could be starting in the NFL right now. 

It's the cut backs by the entire FSU runningback core that give us fits. Chalk this one up to the other guys being great.  

We still got ways to go. But I like this team to win the conference. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I guess I'm derailing this further (sorry!) but I wonder who is the best back we have ever faced.  Cook's up there.  Was it Jonathan Stewart who gashed us in the Sun Bowl?  El Paso. Shudder. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Ray Rice

DeAngelo Williams

Deion Lewis

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Ray Rice is the best back we've seen. Dude was a top NFL back until he decided to ruin it all. LeSean McCoy is close second. Dion Lewis, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart have all been productive backs but no where near the level of Rice and Shady. 

I think Kevin Smith deserves mention as does Donald Brown. Didn't we play Lamar Miller too? Another solid pro, if so. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Lesean McCoy, believe it or not, was the other Pitt back I couldn't remember and he's still in the NFL.

It's funny when you think of the top backs the BE had and people still talked it down.