• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"It'll Be A Super Bowl For Them", Really Jimbo, Again!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

I am not saying he'll be fired, just that he may start feeling a little extra warmth... according to this site http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm He went from 109 to 87 last week. 

He's safe this year, but, if he loses 4 this year and 3-4 next year, don't think that he will be feeling too comfortable up there. Again, when you run Bobby Bowden out of town, there will be no loyalty toward Jimbo.

So what you're saying is, if Jimbo Fisher loses about 8 more games over the next two years, he might be in danger of losing his job three years from now? I don't think they call that being on the hot seat.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Even taking that into account, Fisher's right.  We have a lot riding on this game.  

What's riding on this game that would be considered "a lot"? Should be going into this game as it being the next one up and the precursor to the real season ... Obviously more emotional because of the Big 3 stuff and all but don't see a whole lot riding on it.

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So what you're saying is, if Jimbo Fisher loses about 8 more games over the next two years, he might be in danger of losing his job three years from now? I don't think they call that being on the hot seat.

Lukewarm .... tepid?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What's riding on this game that would be considered "a lot"? Should be going into this game as it being the next one up and the precursor to the real season ... Obviously more emotional because of the Big 3 stuff and all but don't see a whole lot riding on it.

I was thinking more to impress the B12 ... Houston got a lot of pub for their performance against OK.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Recruiting

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I was thinking more to impress the B12 ... Houston got a lot of pub for their performance against OK.  

Yeah, I'm just not in that camp, that on the field stuff will have any bearing whatsoever on the B12 decision. Understand the thinking but just don't agree with it ...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

Recruiting

Read somewhere that one game rarely, ever plays a big part in a recruit's decision. A win couldn't hurt but doesn't qualify as "a lot" riding on the game, to me ....

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Triple B said:

Yeah, I'm just not in that camp, that on the field stuff will have any bearing whatsoever on the B2 decision. Understand the thinking but just don't agree with it ...

I understand your point of view, because it's based on precedent, right?  I just think that now the B12 is looking right now for teams that will "add value," and since they apparently have a hard time finding some at the moment, I think a team who is currently under consideration with a statement win over another, considered by many to be competing for a national title this year, would go a long way.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I hope we continue to be undefeated in Super Bowls.

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

I understand your point of view, because it's based on precedent, right?  I just think that now the B12 is looking right now for teams that will "add value," and since they apparently have a hard time finding some at the moment, I think a team who is currently under consideration with a statement win over another, considered by many to be competing for a national title this year, would go a long way.  

You must remember that I'm pretty much hoping that dysfunctional family passes on us and the B1G come calling in the near future ...

• Upvote 1