• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"It'll Be A Super Bowl For Them", Really Jimbo, Again!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Was waiting for gameweek to bring Jimbo's bulletin board material up.

If you remember from the Summer of 2009 Jimbo Fisher (assistant to Bobby at the time) told reporters that USF coming up to Doak and playing FSU for the first time was going to be like the Super Bowl for them. Later that Summer at an alumni event with the coaches, I asked Jim Leavitt if he was aware of Jimbo's comments. He said he did hear that and something to the affect that the whole locker room was well aware of it. Well, we all know how our 2009 Super Bowl turned out. I remember before going up to the game trying to find inflatable Lombardi trophies to take to the game.

Fast forward to Spring of 2016 and Jimbo did a "Oh No He Didn't" remark. When asked about the FSU-USF game, the dang Super Bowl reference came up again.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/jimbo-fisher-talks-fsu-football-schedule-dalvin-cook-and-usfs-super-bowl/2278608

Much like in 2009 with Leavitt, I had a chance to talk one on one with Taggart this Summer about the history of Jimbo's comments and how Leavitt and the team was well aware of it. His reply was "Well, we are just going to have to win the Super Bowl, then".

Someone please start a sign idea thread for Saturday's game as it is our "Super Bowl" Dag Gummit.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Dang, dude, that article is 4 months old.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Even taking that into account, Fisher's right.  We have a lot riding on this game.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Even taking that into account, Fisher's right.  We have a lot riding on this game.  

Not as much as they do... a great season for us includes a conference championship. This has no bearing on that goal. For them, a playoff appearance was expected and they need to win out convincingly to get there. A loss to us would be a crushing defeat and dare I say the start to the seat getting a bit warm for Jimbo (assuming they lose to Clemson and maybe 1 more - Miami perhaps).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, Orlando Bull said:

Not as much as they do... a great season for us includes a conference championship. This has no bearing on that goal. For them, a playoff appearance was expected and they need to win out convincingly to get there. A loss to us would be a crushing defeat and dare I say the start to the seat getting a bit warm for Jimbo (assuming they lose to Clemson and maybe 1 more - Miami perhaps).

LOL

Jimbo's seat is far from warm.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I thought FSU was the Yankees ....

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

LOL

Jimbo's seat is far from warm.

Probably not but a lot of people forget that there were quite a few boosters grumbling about him until Winston came along and saved him.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

22 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Probably not but a lot of people forget that there were quite a few boosters grumbling about him until Winston came along and saved him.

There is a better chance of Bill Belichick getting fired than Jimbo Fisher.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Yeah, the fan base that ran the legend Bobby Bowden out of town will be perfectly fine with a 4 loss season and losing to Ga Tech and Houston last year. I am sure that's what they are dreaming of.

• Upvote 2