• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF opens as 11 1/2 point favorite

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

Didnt Maryland have a bad game the week before and then whip us the next week? So there is that.   We will know who this team is by Syracuse.

Guest PCBull14
4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Didnt Maryland have a bad game the week before and then whip us the next week? So there is that.   We will know who this team is by Syracuse.

That was against Bowling Green. Bowling green was pretty good last season just saying. I don't think you can really compare the two. We still don't know what Wyoming will do this year. Could turn out to be a decent loss. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

That was against Bowling Green. Bowling green was pretty good last season just saying. I don't think you can really compare the two. We still don't know what Wyoming will do this year. Could turn out to be a decent loss. 

Plus that game against Maryland was on the road. USF will be at home while NIU is still recovering today from that late game on the west coast. The humidity & heat should wear the Huskies out in the second half. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

11 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Plus that game against Maryland was on the road. USF will be at home while NIU is still recovering today from that late game on the west coast. The humidity & heat should wear the Huskies out in the second half. 

Plus, we hadn't, "found" ourselves yet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

I don't think we need to make excuses for NIU (temperature, humidity, lack of sleep)  We are the better team even on their best day and it will be a fun game to watch.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700
  • Days Won:  7

I don't fall for this "heat and humidity" thing wearing teams out simply because they've come to play in Florida. It'll only be the 2nd week of September. Have you ever experienced a summer in Illinois? It gets quit hot and humid there as well all summer long.  Teams train throughout America all summer long and get used to this type of weather. I know here in NE Pennsylvania its 87° right now and still on the humid side. I lived in Tampa for 4 years, there is a difference but it's not like these guys are flying in from winter in northern Canada. They'll adapt to Tampa just like any extra hot day of practice during summer in Illinois.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

I don't fall for this "heat and humidity" thing wearing teams out simply because they've come to play in Florida. It'll only be the 2nd week of September. Have you ever experienced a summer in Illinois? It gets quit hot and humid there as well all summer long.  Teams train throughout America all summer long and get used to this type of weather. I know here in NE Pennsylvania its 87° right now and still on the humid side. I lived in Tampa for 4 years, there is a difference but it's not like these guys are flying in from winter in northern Canada. They'll adapt to Tampa just like any extra hot day of practice during summer in Illinois.

I am not sure I would go that far.  There is something to be said for being acclimated to the weather and in the south I am sure southern teams have a certain advantage in the summer like the northern guys do in the winter.  Perhaps more so.

I grew up in NJ and we used to do yard work throughout to day in the summer.  I tried doing that when I first moved here an it almost killed me.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Yeah, I would pick USF to even cover a 20 point spread. I'm not sure if these betters watch the same game I did, where Wyoming looked physically superior. I don't think that statement has ever been said in the history of football either. NIU had 12 penalties for 106 yards. That is a lot to correct in one week, and they got DESTROYED in the time of possession by over 10 minutes. Towson would probably beat them. This isn't Jordan Lynch's NIU team.

Edited by NavyUSFGuy
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, NIURak said:

The heat & humidity won't be a factor. Just our general suckiness :)

In all seriousness, the O looked horrible the entire game against Wyoming outside of two series. Our coach refuses to play our best RB (Huff). All Hare does is stare down Golladay every pass play. The best athlete on the team only touched the ball twice & the OL makes me want to puke. 

Defense didn't get any pressure, & secondary had about a billion penalties (lots of bad calls, but once you know the refs are going to call everything you have to back off)

Was hoping for a competitive game, just don't see it happening anymore. USF pulls away in the 2nd half & will cover. 

Maybe the coach was sandbagging?