• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Struggling to not dislike Chris "Skippy Walnuts" Perry

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,510
  • Days Won:  10

Regardless of what people may feel regarding COA and former players, I think that it's important that we stand behind the players who work hard to represent our school well despite all the distractions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

9 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Based on how many players we've lost in the past two years. 

Some weren't due to transferring but we keep losing guys and there isn't much stability. 

I guess we differ on what "chemistry" means. To me it means how the players on the team, no matter how many, get along. To you, looks like it means stability and can understand that thinking ...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Regardless of what people may feel regarding COA and former players, I think that it's important that we stand behind the players who work hard to represent our school well despite all the distractions.

Absolute. I still have a lot of respect for the guys that are staying and trying to help turn this thing around. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

How come COA isn't pulling many Tampa Bay players?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Triple B said:

I guess we differ on what "chemistry" means. To me it means how the players on the team, no matter how many, get along. To you, looks like it means stability and can understand that thinking ...

I mean more in the sense of if players keep leaving, then it can throw off the chemistry. I'm probably over speaking in saying there's zero chemistry, but this team is going to have a very different group of core players, when the ones that could still be here are off playing for other schools. 

I meant it for your definition of chemistry but was having a hard time relaying what I was trying to say. I still have a little faith left in this team but man they have some work to do. 

11 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I mean more in the sense of if players keep leaving, then it can throw off the chemistry. I'm probably over speaking in saying there's zero chemistry, but this team is going to have a very different group of core players, when the ones that could still be here are off playing for other schools. 

I meant it for your definition of chemistry but was having a hard time relaying what I was trying to say. I still have a little faith left in this team but man they have some work to do. 

Good thing is, though, the players who will start the season contributing, except for Fitts and Alvarado, have all been together for at least a year so there is that familiarity. Even Manderson, eligible in December, will have a year experience with the current players. They should embrace an "us against the world" mentality and come out with huge chips on shoulders.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Perry's tweet just confirms that there are issues.

There are apparently issues but all CP's tweet confirms is that HE has issues ....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If you're digging that deep to split hairs I know some people on Fowler that could use you as a proofreader.

Don't have to dig deep to recognize a disgruntled "ex-employee" ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

I'd have to think that there is a lack of effective leadership at the top if we are seeing existing players and recruits leaving en mass. Perry's tweet just confirms that there are issues.

When you combine that with the on court record and the pending investigation it further supports the notion that the program is in diarray. 

Is "diarray" fancy diarrhea?

22 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Some disgruntled ex-employees have been some of the best whistleblowers in this country.

Absolutely ......... but if there was something for him to blow a whistle about, he'd have blown it .... He ****** up, twice, and is bitter about making stupid decisions and is taking it out on something else.

• Upvote 3